SANDER VAN DOORN=BASTILLION

markos191178

Generally I'm an SvD fan but I just find this to be awful. It's rare I post in a topic if I have nothing good to say but for a producer of his calibre I just think this is way below par

Agreed! Definately his weakest production so far.

I'm not a fan of his DJ'ing, but as a producer, he's been one of my favourites over the last few years. The last two have been bland though :(

Everything he's released under Purple Haze has been magnificent & comparing 'Bastillion' to 'Blixem' makes you see how sub-standard Bastillion really is.

'Adrenaline' is still his best production though, unreal track

Blixsem is a Hell of a Monster, Hope your not referring to it as BLAND :o

No no, I forgot about Blixsem. He did one before that which was quite bland. Can't think of the name though. Going back a good few months now. I've got the memory of a goldfish.

Agreed! I still play that now on the rare occasion I play a non-bosh set. Sam Sharp - Twister is his second best in my opinion. Cracking tune!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_2LoQ07cYQ

Everything he's released under Purple Haze has been magnificent & comparing 'Bastillion' to 'Blixem' makes you see how sub-standard Bastillion really is.

Agree 100% i loved that track full on monster track!! :thumbsup:

His next track 'Ninety' sounds much better, even if it is a little bit similar to 'Meet Her At The Love Parade'

Thanks Tom, l was scratching my head trying to work out what the tune was that reminded me of "Ninety"

I really like Bastillion but prefer Blixsem. However l've seen SVD dj several times now but have to admit that l thought his set @ Cream Amnesia (IBiza) this year wasn't up to scratch as some of his tunes were a bit bland.

That's interesting Chrissy I saw him at Cream Ibiza this year too and it was one of my favourite sets of the trip. He played some great tunes but also seemed to be having the time of his life behind the decks and I think that makes a real difference when the DJ is really into the set.

I saw him in early July with Corsten and Eddie. When did you go?

That's interesting Chrissy I saw him at Cream Ibiza this year too and it was one of my favourite sets of the trip. He played some great tunes but also seemed to be having the time of his life behind the decks and I think that makes a real difference when the DJ is really into the set.

I saw him in early July with Corsten and Eddie. When did you go?

I saw him on Thurs 17th Sept and went to Amnesia early especially to catch his set which was brought forward from 3am to 1am. Don't get me wrong he was great and as you quite rightly say he was having the time of his life behind the decks and he always looks happy. He also interacts with the crowd which creates a great atmosphere. I think the problem was that l wasn't familiar with a lot of the tunes he was playing and most of them all seemed to sound the same which was disappointing. I'm a great fan of his work and hate to be critical as on every other occasion l've seen him he has been outstanding but not this time, l have to say l wasn't the only one who was disappointed with his set. Both Eddie's and Ferry Corsten's sets were spot on.