Advice on what to buy please :)

emy

Hi

I am buying new needles, I know a lot of you are no longer vinyl DJs but I was wondering about what advice you would give:

Do ortofons really wear records quicker and damage connections in the tone arm?

Which needle is best for record care/ less cue burn etc

I don't know

My options are:

Get replacement stylus for my stanton headshells They say 505 on the side

Buy Ortofons which are 100

Shure M44-7

Stanton trackmaster/diablo

The main concern of mine is on my decks I currently have to have a heavy weight or the needle skips on some records when it gets near the centre. I think I have the right tone arm height so I don't know why it does this. When I put my numark shells on they were so light I have to put a 1p coin on (I was just doing this to test the sound to see if it is the needles worn) The thing is on one deck it still floated a bit with one coin on! So I really don't know what is up and am wondering which needles to buy and what to do about the weight issue as obviosly I don't want to wear my records if I get ortofons and find I need the weight up max still to stop the skipping.

Decisions decisions

Ortofons Concorde needles in my opinion are the best choice for me. Stick lovely in the record while it plays, remember having a few warped records that on any other needle would just be skipping and jumping all over the place. But with the concordes you would hardly have known the record was fubard.

Technics 1210s bought second hand

MK 2

Still not sure what to go for. I'm doing open decks sat and they say if doing vinyl we have to bring our own cartridges! haha not sure if I'll have some by then. I might just try and get some stanton replacements

Ortofons Concorde needles in my opinion are the best choice for me. Stick lovely in the record while it plays, remember having a few warped records that on any other needle would just be skipping and jumping all over the place. But with the concordes you would hardly have known the record was fubard.

what he said!

and of course, not to forget... Ortofons are made in Denmark ;)

iv had the stanton trackmasters and they was good, sounded great

they say the eliptical ones hold records better but are generally more expensive.

i've heard good reports about the ortofons, and most clubs use them (or did) they dont last long iv heard, thats the only downside, but i guess it depends how much tracking weight you put on it too.