Who died?

Judge Mental

To be honest since the board re-model this board is such a pain in the arse for me to navigate (it could be my system but other forums run fine) that I don't tend to visit as much. It's sad to say but I just haven't got time to wait for the 'fast reply' box to load & then wait what seems like an age for my posts to register.

I've also got a new job so I guess that limits me too.

I used to have the same issues with the new board being very slow when it was first swapped over but it seems to run OK now. My excuse for being quiet recently is simply being busy. Im sure most of us have that problem. I do try and check the board every day but I just havn't felt compelled to write very much.

I don't come on as much now because the two I could have a bit of a laugh with, Simon & Jason, aren't on as much now. The other members that keep a nice debate going such as Aza, Moonman and Tremor haven't been on as much either.

We're not allowed to talk about Jules any more, even though its a Jules board, and any debates or discussions tend to get spoilt on here these days, so I don't really bother coming on now.

Debate

I'm just not coming here anymore, I don't listen to Jules anymore, I'm not Home DJing anymore and I'm never going clubbing again, so I don't really have anything to post about, and as I'm apparently unwelcome anyway.

I am still taking part in the Secret Santa mix simply because I already said I would, that will be my last ever mix.

Well it's my job to ensure this board is invigorated, so a few appetisers for you loyal ones who do stick around ;)

* A brand new board skin to choose from (- should solve any loading time issues / display oddities in IE)

* Some brand new audio (we have some Saturday shows from '02/'04, some new live sets and a couple of half hour mixes from 1998 & 1999)

* Updated gallery

* Brand new flash uploader to make uploading your audio onto here a piece of cake

* some other bits & pieces to keep your on your toes

Watch this space!

Lacking inspiration to do any audio seeing as i did a mammoth amount a while ago (like 8 shows) and got f*** all thanks or replies to it. After all, it takes 2 hours per show to record, plus whatever amount of time it is to upload the stuff.... so I cant be bothered with doing it at the moment.

Plus, there seems to be a lot of arguements that go on here over recent times, so again that puts me off coming here, plus everyone else has disappeared off the planet.

Fed up lately as well, nothing going right for me.

Lacking inspiration to do any audio seeing as i did a mammoth amount a while ago (like 8 shows) and got f*** all thanks or replies to it.

I must admit, that is very annoying when that happens. When I used to run my old website, I had a 'mix vault' feature which had mixes from various well known Trance DJ's. Many of those mixes were exclusive to the site. What annoyed me was when people got arsey when a certain DJ's mix wasn't available by a certain time - for example, Mark Eteson used to do his on the first of the month, but if he was running a few days late, people would start getting arsey saying "Sort it out ffs briggsy, I wanted to burn that mix to CD to listen to in the car on the way to my gig, etc". What they seemed to forget was that I offered them a free service, which I ran voluntarily - but they seemed to think that they had a right to everything, and could demand when things were done.

Needless to say, all of that, plus certain arsey clubbing brands, made it a s*** "hobby" to run, so I knocked it on the head.

There's no appreciation for anything that people do for free these days. People still always want more.

I disagree entirely. The culture of this messageboard is, quite frankly, unrivalled in terms of courtesy and this is routinely demonstrated in the posted replies to members' mixes and audio submissions, as well as within generally within the simple text-based exchange that takes place on here compared to other electronic music-baed forums on the web.

I do believe, however, we can do more to supply our members with more fresh audio, a proper complete tracklistings archive, and a quicker (& easier) method of submitting audio/visual data.

One day I hope this site to be the archive of all things Judge Jules but in order for that to succeed it has to be supported on solid foundations - both electronically in our software and culturally in our members.

I'm very grateful for all the audio that has been uploaded onto this site and l must admit that l am guilty for not always leaving comments after l have listened to the mixes.

The problem is that l just forget to do it. In future l will try and remember, sincere apologies to all. :redface:

This is a great site, l just wish l had more time to spend on here but unfortunately not enough hours in the day!

Archived