WHAT NO SNOW THREAD!!

Number2Fan

Yeah it is absolutely freezing atm. It's still snowing here in Kent too. But the novelty does wear off quite quickly now. And my kids are so boring, I would have been out all day playing in it, coming home only for food, dreaming of a time it would snow for this long. We (me and my cousin) even built a tunnel when we were kids it was an amazing 10ft drift. But no, my kids get cold! :( and yes I dress them in plenty of warm layers first.

20333_245595071602_509171602_3925493_2903790_n.jpg

Wish I had built this one!! LOL

and I am fed up with people looking at me and saying 'I don't suppose you have any sledges do you??? '

NO I DON'T!! Even if we did have some, we wouldn't have any left by now would we. ERGH!!

I must have been asked a million times today, and that doesn't include the phonecalls either. I managed throughout childhood without one. IMPROVISE!!!!!! It's been terrible today, the weather and roads dire, and people are taking kids out when its nearly dark to buy a sledge, kids who dunno even what a sledge is. USE SOMETHING ELSE!! But not car bonnets! :confused:

Its snowing again here in Penzance :thumbsdown:

I spent 2 hours clearing the snow and thick ice from the drive and pavement yesterday afternoon as it was like a skating rink and was very dangerous. It was hard work but glad l made the effort as l put some Rapid Action Snow Melt granules down first thing this morning and has melted the remaining patches of ice and the new stuff coming down isn't settling. :thumbsup: I had put down some clean cat litter 4 days ago after the first lot of snow had melted as l couldn't get any grit. this turned out to be a bad decision as the cat litter has mixed in with the snow and its like clay which made matters worse. :o

Today it's freezing, then melting then freezing then raining then snowing. Have a mass of icicles around my house and cat pen.

I have left well alone on the salting front as it only tends to make matters worse if you don't have a fortnights supply, plus it messy and dirty, and I hate cleaning.

On the plus side, my postman still managed to bring me a 12" ;)

and I also have money in the bank as I've not been able to spend a dime, not even needing petrol, nor been out to pay a bill in ages!! Might try it in spring when the weathers better. Pay for my Ibiza trip, ey Chrissie!! :)

Nice... just read review on amazon. Looks pretty good and a bargain for £15.

Received just before I went off to the gym, If I'dve left home two minutes earlier... Its a superb book! will post random piccys pronto ;)

Snow, loads left round the housing estates on the grass and roads and such, mains roads and inot town are all fine, its not that cold now, well nothing compared to last week, bike ride to gym and back was very pleasent!

We did have a few flurries of snow overnight and also some this morning/afternoon bu tits nothing its sleety rainy, I'll be glad when all this snow has gone!