Since when did Jules play D'n'B in clubs

Hardaway

Jules used to play some DnB when he was at Kiss FM... I think it was his "anything goes" feature, and also every week in his early Radio 1 days.

The variety disappeared some time ago so it's nice to see him throwing in other genres - what a proper DJ should do! :)

the J Majik & Wickaman Remix i actually like.

and its good to break things up and try different genres. 3 hours of just pure trance would get a bit boring imo, but a set ranging from prog, through to tech trance, through a bit of dnb then to peaktime stuff would be interesting.

I like a bit of everything, that's why I like Jules, he's often a bit of everything. Purely TRANCE would be boring.

Jules used to play a bit of DnB around 97 ish and actually as DnB is having a 'second coming' atm alot of other DJ's are dropping a DnB tune here and there, I know Seb did, and the other week and the cheese fest club I went to there was a DnB medley at about 2.30am!!!

D&B is taking in a lot more influences now. I partcularly like the disco influenced sound. D&B always needed melody to it, otherwise, its just noise. The fact that Annie Mac now supports it quite heavily on her radio show aswell opens it up to more people.

i thought years ago he was pre-dominantly a house dj before the trance scene??

tbh he defines his sound nowdays as trance with funky overtones, me personally i class it as more tech trance.

he did used to play some blinding techno though i.e mauro picotto - baguette, such a tune!!!

i thought years ago he was pre-dominantly a house dj before the trance scene??

tbh he defines his sound nowdays as trance with funky overtones, me personally i class it as more tech trance.

he did used to play some blinding techno though i.e mauro picotto - baguette, such a tune!!!

He used to play lots of great House before he went full-on with the (now classic) Trance explosion that happened in 1998/1999. Definitely went all Techy in the last few years and its a sound I've never been 100% fond of to be honest.

The purest actual Techno tracks I've ever heard Jules play though were some Henrik B tracks like the below... I think back in 2004:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anExhLkPKbo

I want boobs like that, and I really like that tune.

Genres are funny things though and many tunes can crossover genres and will sandwich between tunes of an alternative genre easily.

Garage - House - Techno - Tech trance - Trance - Hard House - Hard Trance - Tech House - Speed garage - DnB - Jungle - Dubstep!! Who decides what's what? What are the exact definitions?

Mixed bag innit! Variety is the spice of life!!!

Archived