Sennheiser Microphone not working :(

Simcut

Hey guys,

I bought a Sennheiser e825S off ebay recently, it arrived but without a microphone lead, so I went to a Maplin store yesterday and bought a 3m microphone lead so I could connect the microphone to the mic in on the mixer..... so I test it out today but the microphone wont work, I press the talkover button and the volume on the music drops down, however when I try speaking, nothing happens, I try flicking the switch on and off but still nothing happens.

Im at loss on what to do, please can someone help?

mate, the mic might need a battery inside it to function which you can easily put in yourself. if your mixer has 'phantom power' for mic's, you could easily switch this on and you won't need to power the mic with a battery. This only works if it's an XLR cable you're using to patch the mic upto your mixer =o)

the mic must be knackered then... just take it to a pro music shop to get it fixed or send it back to the seller on ebay and get your money back. with these sorts of things, you're best off buying a brand new mic or sticking to Shure SM58 mics if you wanna go down the second hand/used route.

nah... don't bother with any of that s***... shure sm58's are the future!

Robin,

Switched or non-switched ?!

I dont know the difference by the way but having a look on decks.co.uk the switched is £135 inc VAT and the non-switched is £69.99 ! :(

Archived