The Championship - some meanderings.

Moonman

so, did anyone see the Posh game today? I nearly had two heart attacks listening to it on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire. I've never felt so down about my team and never so happy in one game - the draw against Cardiff felt like a win! We might still be going down (we're not winning enough and conceding far too many) but we're not going to make London Road an easy place to come and get three points. This is the great thing about the CCC, you still get shock results and upsets.

Cardiff won't be going up, 2 games against the bottom 2 clubs, and a point to show for it(and conceding a 4-0 lead :), they look suspect. My money is on Newcastle, and Forest for the automatics; Forest look unstoppable at the moment, and Leicester via the playoffs. For the drop, well, we are going down, we keep drawing too many, and not winning enough, our defence needs sorting out urgently, Scunthorpe and Sheffield Wednesday. One of those teams may survive, we are yet to have our "streak"of a few wins on the bounce, surely thats gotta happen sooner or later, and it could be our saviour.

I had to laugh as the Posh result came in , well done to them fighting back from 4 down. My money is on Newcastle and West Brom for automatic promotion. Forest bubble will burst on the 30th January when the mighty Rams get revenge on them cheating Red Dog B........

I quite fancy Sheff United to win the play offs as they are finding form just at the right time and am expecting them to invest heavily in Jan.

Yeah we aint a bad side but havent hit any form of yet. Had a load of injuries this year and at times i think Clough has struggled with his tactics in this league. Think he needs better backroom staff and someone with abit of knowledge as a assitant. Posh looked a decent side on the first day against us was impressed with your number 10 ( is it Boyd ) the one who scored the peno.

Personally i said start of the season we will finish 17 and i stick with that on currant form hahaha. Do you think you will stay up??? After coming back from 4 nil down it proves you have got some fight to get out the bottom 3.

The Posh is Peterborough United's nickname. It derives from an old managerial comment from something like the 1930's (i think) and it kinda stuck. I do remember Victoria Beckham trying to sue the club for a some sort of infringement about 12 years ago. The nickname, of course, couldn't be any further from the truth,as anyone who has been to Peterborough will tell you, its a run down dump with a pitiful excuse for a shopping centre. Your chances of being robbed or assaulted here are very high and everyone says "init" , "blud" or "brap" at the end of every phrase.