Bugs & winter illness!

Neuro

I thought I'd got away with not being ill for an entire year when this afternoon struck me down with some very evil stomach bug. I'm tightly coccooned in my 2 duvets in bed, the heating's on, as is 3 layers, socks, and even my scarf.... and I'm still shivering!! And anything consumed is being rejected very quickly :(

I think I'd forgotten what being unwell feels like... anyone been suffering in this cold winter month?

Time for some sleep I think... :rubbish:

Hope you manage to beat this illness quickly guv, I know how it feels when anything consumed is quickly rejected, ruddy awful :(

I started the year with a mild chest infection (damn coldness of new years in Newquay!) then had a cold back in july i think (I know I had a cold somewhen this year but exact time unsure!) otherwise I've been fine.

I can't remember the last time I went all year without something cropping up no matter how brief!

Get someone to bring you some frozen ribenas, I'm telling you it's a wonder drug. :thumbsup:

As it goes I had some terrible throat illness follwed by a very heady cold, felt like absolute shit, managed to struggle through a bit as it snowed, and I had to take the kids out here and there, got Chest freeze pulling the kids on a the sledge. Half hour done me in. I did have one day off sick but as it was run up to Christmas and I felt guilty. However I still have a bloody cold now. And now so does everyone else....and there's nowt worse than a house full of people BLOODY COUGHING!! Or my other half keep telling me how bad his throat is in different ways!!

My next door neighbours have the sickness one though.

Sips of part frozen Ribena...

My mum has something altogether worse, some hiddeous rash allover possibly from a new jumper she had on Christmas day that had been tried on by someone infectious in the shop before she bought it!!, lol, although so far no one has worked out what it is for definite. (I do mean docs and pharmicists btw) I'm staying away from her.

Will bear this in mind also - thank you - and sorry to hear you are not so well, Tim!

Cold drinks are definately the way forward when one is down and ill despite myths of hot drinks as this is what gives the germs the ideal breeding climate! Freeze 'em and slow down the germ spreading!

Stand by for some absolutely superb mixes coming from our very own board! I've been good enough to not listen to the others despite tempation and more so after receiving some of the tracklistings recently!

They all look very very good and I should have them all sorted for us all in the next day or so!

1x Lemsip

1x Lucozade

2x Ibuprofen

Works every time :D

It's worth bearing in mind the amazing power of paracetamol, and the fact you can take them alongside Ibuprofen, if you have flu like symptoms (achy joints/sore throat/painful sinuses) the combination can't be beat. Obviously as Briggsy has had a Lemsip, that already has paracetemol in it, but if you don't like the drinks, you can take the two.

ALWAYS READ THE LABEL!! Though!! Especially if you have any other problems ike asthma, diabetes etc.

If you have a stomach complaint though, do not be taking ibuprofen, not if you are not eating.

Aspirin is very bad for the stomach if you've had nothing to eat as it reacts very badly to the lining - you'll be in serious agony. Paracetamol is much safer... :)

Failing that, there's always chocolate cake. Mmmmm!

chocolate.jpg

Felt much better this afternoon. Pondering whether it's worth going into work tomorrow for just 1/2 day (we'll get the arvo off anyway given it's NYE)..

My fix was lots of Dioralyte... for some reason the Blackcurrant version is always on the shelf so I had to ask specially behind the counter for the Citrus flavour :)

It's worth bearing in mind the amazing power of paracetamol, and the fact you can take them alongside Ibuprofen

Yeah, a lot of people think that Ibuprofen contain paracetamol - but they don't, and you can take the two together. You're supposed to stagger them though - so whereas paracetamol is taken every 4 hours, and Ibuprofen is taken every 4 hours, you should take the paracetamol first, then Ibuprofen two hours later, then paracetamol 2 hours after that again.

Aspirin is very bad for the stomach if you've had nothing to eat as it reacts very badly to the lining - you'll be in serious agony. Paracetamol is much safer... :)

Failing that, there's always chocolate cake. Mmmmm!

chocolate.jpg

If chocolate cake cured illness's :lol:.....

Yeah, It's better to take the Ibuprofen every 6 hrs rather than four, and not for tons of days in a row either ;) when you are combining them. You should take less ibruprofen over 24 hrs. You can even have codiene on top of these if necessary and if you are able to take codiene, but be careful coz some codeine pills also contain paracetomol already!! codiene is only suitable for particular types of pain, and can be addictive. I would only take codiene for an immense toothache where nothing else works.

I woke up one morning with my face double the size with an infection under my wisdom tooth. You cannot imagine the pain....10 days I had that, how on earth did people cope before there were anti biotics and pain relief!!

I've now succumb to my early flu symptons and become run down :(

Runny nose, cough, temp etc... Fortunately the weather has meant that driving to work is not recommended by management and they've advised to work from home which means I don't really lose any time off!

Bought some Ribena, Lemsips, Innocent Smoothy and Lucozade...

I've now succumb to my early flu symptons and become run down :(

Runny nose, cough, temp etc... Fortunately the weather has meant that driving to work is not recommended by management and they've advised to work from home which means I don't really lose any time off!

Bought some Ribena, Lemsips, Innocent Smoothy and Lucozade...

Chill them Beenas Aza!!

Archived