Mike Walker - Mix of the Decade 2000-2009

MikeW

As we rapidly approach a brand new decade in our lives & shortly leave the 'Noughties' behind, here is my 2000-2009 Mix for you all to check out.

This mix features 10 tracks in total, with each one representing a year between 2000-2009.

It was extremely difficult to select just one track from each year as there have been so many excellent tunes over the past 10 years. However, I feel that the ones I have selected best represent the type of music I have been enjoying & also have loads of special memories attached to them.

Here's the download link & I hope you all enjoy!

http://soundcloud.com/mikew/mike-walker-mix-of-the-decade-2000-2009

1 - Joshua Ryan - Pistolwhip [2000]

2 - Green Martian - Industry [2001]

3 - Airwave - Another Dimension [2002]

4 - Electro Headz - No Sleep [2003]

5 - Solid Haze - Ubiquitous [2004]

6 - Kyau vs Albert - Falling Anywhere [2005]

7 - Fabio Stein - Tran 4 [2006]

8 - Marcel Woods - Lemon Tree [2007]

9 - Airwave - Sunshine In Your Heart [2008]

10 - Heatboyer - Happy Ending [2009]

All the best for 2010!

Mike :)

I like this idea Mike. It's one I've thought about before - trying to do a best of the last 10 years or so but I have never really got started trying to decide what tunes to pick. There are indeed so many choices. I like the look of some of your selections though.

Cheers for having a listen guys, I hope it does justice to the last decade! :thumbsup:

I knew exactly what I wanted to play for 3 or 4 of the years without thinking but I ended up having to flick through all my vinyl/CD collection to make a decision for the rest of them. As you can imagine there were so many tunes I would have loved to use but something had to give. I can honestly say it was the most difficult DJ set I've ever had to plan! :lol:

Cheers again! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I knew exactly what I wanted to play for 3 or 4 of the years without thinking but I ended up having to flick through all my vinyl/CD collection to make a decision for the rest of them. As you can imagine there were so many tunes I would have loved to use but something had to give. I can honestly say it was the most difficult DJ set I've ever had to plan! :lol:

Apologies, Mike. This post has been an oversight on my part and I did initially take a quick peek at this the other day.

For the very reason that you mentioned - it being the most difficult DJ set to ever plan - I believe this is worth checking out. I can't imagine what or how I'd go about this (I'd love to do one actually), but will be checking this out and seeing how it sounds and post back to you.

Well done & cheers ;)

Mike - just wanted to let you know that I downloaded this and have checked it out.

Very good mixing - smooth and great flow.

The choice of tracks is an absolute killer - I bet it was so difficult - I really like your top 10 and hearing a few really great oldies just reminds you of how the days were so good!

Top 3 highlights for me:

- Green Martian

- Electro Headz

- Fabio Stein

Thanks again - cheers :)

Cheers for checking out the mix Aza & your detailed feedback is much appreciated!

I really enjoyed putting this mix together as so many memories of people, places, & different times in general came flooding back with each track played. It was also interesting to hear in brief how much my personal taste in trance music varied over the past 10 years. Just a shame I couldn't do a mix of all my favourites - it probably would have taken forever! :lol:

Great to hear that you enjoyed this little reflection of the decade & thanks again! :thumbsup: