Beckham injury

Quadrant

Quoted from someone on footytube.com:

"The man has been written about and argued about more than any other modern footballer. He has done some incredible things on the and off the pitch. He has made some very good and very bad decisions as well. Some hate him and some love him like no other.

When you listen to him speak...He is soft and unassuming. When you watch him play he is intense and sometimes brutal. He has always played to the best of his talent and I never did see him tank or slack or give up. His crosses and passes and kicks are the stuff of legend and will no doubt be the things we will always remember him by....That unbelievable " bend ".

His commitment to the game we all love will never be questioned either. Yes he went to America riding on a wave of expectation that was never really met....And even though he took LA to the finale...Many in America think he is a waste of time and money. When he came back last year...He was hated by his own fans. They screamed at him and threw stuff at him and brought rude signs to the games and said even ruder things about his wife. And he took it...Got pissed a little at Landon's book....But I watched him change the entire circus around from jeers to cheers in a few months. He did that by staying cool and playing very hard. At the end of games he was spent....And he was tired. It showed in the final with Real SL....But he still made the kicks over and over and his kick at the end he made as well....This loss had zero to do with Becks and everything to do with LA not being able to take advantage of his deliveries.

Even at the end he showed respect for the very same fans that hated him only a few months before. That is class with a capital [C.] My thoughts on Becks have been spread around footytube before. I respect him and consider him one of the best ever mids to play the sport....And a quiet but effective ambassador for the game all over the world. His work off the field is notable and is spreading good will and good practices with kids. I will never fault him for his media exploits and overkill. Give the guy a break....If you listen to Becks you will hear a simple man with simple desires that also likes to be open to new ideas. Big Ego? Yeah sure. Big heart? You bet.

England will miss Becks this year because he would have brought a certain attitude to the pitch. The one thing you need to know about David is this: His love of his country and his Man Utd is set in stone. He has made a huge contribution to football worldwide in terms of making it cool to be a football player and fan.

I went out to my local footy fields today and kicked some balls in the nets. I laced up my Predator silver/ gold striped Turf boots....And bent every one of them....Damn that felt good. I for one will miss Becks playing for England."

hear hear!! :)

queen_royalcrest.jpg

i've always been pro becks, for me, he was/still is one of only a few who "seem" proud to wear the england shirt and give it everything he's got. If more had the passion he has, we wouldnt be a constant failure at national level. The trouble with our players is, they earn too much, too soon.

England will miss him, yes, he may be a fringe squad player, but he's now got experience to go along with the talent.

i've always been pro becks, for me, he was/still is one of only a few who "seem" proud to wear the england shirt and give it everything he's got. If more had the passion he has, we wouldnt be a constant failure at national level. The trouble with our players is, they earn too much, too soon.

England will miss him, yes, he may be a fringe squad player, but he's now got experience to go along with the talent.

Spot on!

He was poor at the last world cup, but he would have been valuable at this one. Him and Crouch coming off the bench with 25 minutes to go is just what England need.

We'll miss Beckham - and Crouch certainly will.

Spot on!

He was poor at the last world cup, but he would have been valuable at this one. Him and Crouch coming off the bench with 25 minutes to go is just what England need.

We'll miss Beckham - and Crouch certainly will.

He could still cross a ball and hit a free kick but he was past his best a few seasons ago. His legs are gone. He was still competitive in the Italian league but football there is played at a slower pace and is less physical. He was also no better than average in any of the England matches I watched and when he did play it was against weaker teams.

He could still cross a ball and hit a free kick but he was past his best a few seasons ago. His legs are gone. He was still competitive in the Italian league but football there is played at a slower pace and is less physical. He was also no better than average in any of the England matches I watched and when he did play it was against weaker teams.

Depends what you mean by no better than average? His crosses were always exceptional and his work rate was always high - but he's no Lennon. He was never about to go charging down the wings and taking on three players. Thats never been his way of playing - even at club level.

Beckhams game has always been about his footballing brain and being able to hit a 50p from 2 miles away. He rarely had a poor game for England - but he was shocking in 2006. Thats the only time i've seen him below-par for England.

Archived