New bootleg

Hello hello,

It's been ages since I've put together a bootleg. Uni works has taken priority for the past few months (hence why I've not been able to post on here as much as I used to) and I've been doing a lot of DJ'ing too. Whilst preparing for a gig this Saturday I was mixing two tracks and they worked so well (imo) I thought I would mash them up.

http://soundcloud.com/simon-ross-corbossy/simon-ross-let-it-crash-bootleg

(320 Download) : http://www.sendspace.com/file/vb5uuj

A lot of this has been done whilst using headphones, so I'm unsure about levels at the moment and need a few opinions to make sure everything sounds ok in all the right places.

I hope you enjoy!

Simon

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers for checking it out fella, pleased you like it :) I sent it to Gibbons and Jules but not heard anything of it yet, although I was told recently the link has stopped working so it may have stopped before they got the chance to download. I'm gonna throw it out in the open now, I've kept it under wraps for too long haha ...

... download link (also added to initial thread post)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vb5uuj

Simon

I did listen to this but never replied, its nice ut I wouldnt play it I don't like let it all out

Yeah man thats fair play, I know you are quite a proggy person too so this would be hard to put in a set you would prefer to play out. Its all good!

Gibbons told me he's been playing it a lot and been getting some great reactions. Just waiting for a download of his next CE shows so I can listen :)

Wicked news Mark, I'd love to hear it! :)

Will fire it up shortly mate.

Wasn't going to bother because it is my first mix using Traktor and I have had some sound issues with it. There seems to be a 'popping' noise now and again on the kick of some tracks for some reason but I am going to post it up anyway and see if anyone can help me resolve it! :)

I've got that exact same problem using Traktor! I first used the demo tracks supplied with the software and they were distorted to the extreme, and when I put my music in they sounded good apart from the occasional popping and grinding every 15 seconds or so :/

I have something similar happening mate. I will post the mix up tonight and you can see if its the same thing thats happening to you!

I am going to ask on the NI forums and see if anyone can help me out, no doubt it will be some setting I have got wrong or something though!

Actually went back to just using the cdj's last night for a quick mix but I really need to get Traktor up and running right after spending so much on it! :ermm:

Incidently mate, do you use Ableton to create your tracks? I have subscribed to the SonicAcademy tutorials so I am going to give the Ableton demo a bash with these and see how I get on. I have done a course on Cubase but Ableton seems to be better for what I am after.

I'm moving over to CDJ's really quickly now, got a gig on Friday and it will be the first time I use CDJ's for a live performance, but I'm really looking forward to it purely because it's so much more fun than laptops.

Yeah I'm an Ableton person, but I can use Pro Tools now (more of an editing piece of kit) and soon Logic too. Ableton is fantastic when you know what it can do. Me and Rob only use 2, maybe 3, external VST plug-ins for our tracks and the rest is all Ableton provided. Our basslines are done using Operator which you will find on there, but we use the other plug-ins to recreate our orchestra breakdowns. So when you listen to our stuff and ignore the orchestra sounds ... thats what Ableton can do for you! ;)

I'm moving over to CDJ's really quickly now, got a gig on Friday and it will be the first time I use CDJ's for a live performance, but I'm really looking forward to it purely because it's so much more fun than laptops.

Yeah I'm an Ableton person, but I can use Pro Tools now (more of an editing piece of kit) and soon Logic too. Ableton is fantastic when you know what it can do. Me and Rob only use 2, maybe 3, external VST plug-ins for our tracks and the rest is all Ableton provided. Our basslines are done using Operator which you will find on there, but we use the other plug-ins to recreate our orchestra breakdowns. So when you listen to our stuff and ignore the orchestra sounds ... thats what Ableton can do for you! ;)

I have been using my CDJ's for a few years now and used them for every gig I have had. I just fancied the change because I like the idea of having all my tracks/samples gridlocked so I can be more creative with my mixes. Like if one track comes into a breakdown I can put over an accapella or a sample and it will be in perfect time. Also like looping maybe a vocal at the end of the track whilst mixing in the next track to make it something different. If I could get it to stop making random noises that is!! :P

Cool, will give Ableton a bash and see how it goes. I am miles off being able to create a track, even after doing my Cubase course, but I want to try and get some bootlegs and mash-up going to try and make my sets a little different.

Fancy trying to re-create this mash-up for my own sets as well...

http://soundcloud.com/george-crusher/s-o-project-svd-vs-radio-slave-grinddizko-george-crusher-intro-mashup

I've been using Traktor since it was called Final Scratch v1.0 and most of the audio related problems have been because of my PC's hardware wasn't strong enough to run it properly.

At the moment I run Traktor primarily on my Macbook Pro, but just installed it on my Windows 7 workstation today. Works perfectly on both with the external AUDIO 8 soundcard.

I'm sure it can run just as fine on your computers, there is just a few things I need to know...

- Are you using Mac or Windows?

- Which version of Windows are you using? XP, Vista, 7, 32bit, 64bit?

- How much ram does your computer have?

- What soundcard to do use? The type of soundcard is important, onboard can not deliver low enough latency to play gigs. 10ms+ is too much in a live situation.

- Did you install the latest Traktor update?

Yours truly :)

I've been using Traktor since it was called Final Scratch v1.0 and most of the audio related problems have been because of my PC's hardware wasn't strong enough to run it properly.

At the moment I run Traktor primarily on my Macbook Pro, but just installed it on my Windows 7 workstation today. Works perfectly on both with the external AUDIO 8 soundcard.

I'm sure it can run just as fine on your computers, there is just a few things I need to know...

- Are you using Mac or Windows?

- Which version of Windows are you using? XP, Vista, 7, 32bit, 64bit?

- How much ram does your computer have?

- What soundcard to do use? The type of soundcard is important, onboard can not deliver low enough latency to play gigs. 10ms+ is too much in a live situation.

- Did you install the latest Traktor update?

Yours truly :)

Thanks for the help! :thumbsup:

I am running Traktor Scratch Duo with the AUDIO 4 soundcard that came with the package. I'm running it on a MacBook with 2gb and I downloaded the update as soon as I installed it.

Any idea's? Will post my mix up tonight so people can hear what I am talking about. I am not doubting that Traktor is a great peice of software so hopeing I just need to adjust a setting or 2 and all will be good.

MarkL: It probably has something to do with your latency settings. Try set it to nothing lower than 4ms. or try use another usb plug on your macbook (i read something about people having problems with certain usb plugs on Macbook & Macbook pro's)

Are you using timecoded vinyls or CDs with Traktor? Native Instruments recently released a new set of timecoded CDs which you can download for free and burn on CDs.

MarkL: It probably has something to do with your latency settings. Try set it to nothing lower than 4ms. or try use another usb plug on your macbook (i read something about people having problems with certain usb plugs on Macbook & Macbook pro's)

Are you using timecoded vinyls or CDs with Traktor? Native Instruments recently released a new set of timecoded CDs which you can download for free and burn on CDs.

I am sure I have the latency settings set at 20, would this be okay? I am sure I read somewhere when I set it up to put it at that setting.

I am using timecoded CD's, I had downloaded the latest software update but not the new timecoded CD's so have done that now and will see if it makes any difference. Cheers for the heads up.

Tried to upload my mix onto soundcloud last night so people can listen to it streaming but I still haven't received my confirmation email therefor cannot upload yet! Hopefully it will come through today at some point!

Tried to upload my mix onto soundcloud last night so people can listen to it streaming but I still haven't received my confirmation email therefor cannot upload yet! Hopefully it will come through today at some point!

Confirmation emails should come straight through in a matter of seconds. You checked your junk mail? It might have been diverted into there automatically