JUDGE JULES PODCASTS!!

Number2Fan

Unfortunately I haven't listened to any of Jules Podcasts because l'm too scared to install the itunes programme as l 've heard that it takes over all the music you have in your other music libraries, ie; Windows Media Player. Is this true? I have two iriver mp 3 players which l'm very happy with so have no intention of buying an ipod.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hmmmm I believe it can be a problem. For instance, I downloaded some tunes yesterday and then I had alot of trouble finding them in 'my music' but eventually I did and clicked to play them and instead of WMP playing them, iTunes pops up and plays them, same went for that ferry essential mix, and I think this is confusing my virtual DJ a little, but as long as I put all my music into 'my music' it seems fine. I've not downloaded a podcast yet, I'm asuming that , like with purchased from iStore stuff, it will stay in my personal iTunes, and not go into 'my music' unless I fanny about with it.

TBH tho, I only need it on my iPod and laptop with my present set-up. WMP does my head in anyway... really hard to find stuff on mine, and confusing.

I'll DL a podcast or 2 tomorrow, but how would we get to archive it?

I think what you've heard is that, iTunes can take ALL the music from your computer, wherever it is, and plop it into iTunes and so forth to your iPod!

I'd assume so... I dunno though, I have iTunes so it just automatically does it. I can't see them letting people without any i items use their services.. :(

That's why I said, how will we archive the casts, will we just link to iTunes and tracklist! ?

That's why I said, how will we archive the casts, will we just link to iTunes and tracklist! ?

Like the main audio archives, I always batlle against quantity vs quality. We could, in theory, host all the podcasts now and for evermore on the JJA server so they're always available. But I'm not sure that's really necessary?

We can host all the audio in the world on here but I'm keen for our archiving the "best" of Jules's career - but I admit that that is very subjective in itself to say the least :confused:

Thoughts, anyone? Are we to archive these podcasts? It's up to you :)

A lot of Jules sets are suspect now but I have listened to a few of his Judgement Sundays podcasts and they have all been good so far!

Numbers 1 - 17 are stored on the link below to his podomatic website and you can listen to them in full without downloading them if you don't want to.

You need to go right down to the bottom of the page and click 'Previous Page' to get numbers 1 & 2 though! :thumbsup:

http://judgejules.podomatic.com/profile?p=1

Like the main audio archives, I always batlle against quantity vs quality. We could, in theory, host all the podcasts now and for evermore on the JJA server so they're always available. But I'm not sure that's really necessary?

We can host all the audio in the world on here but I'm keen for our archiving the "best" of Jules's career - but I admit that that is very subjective in itself to say the least :confused:

Thoughts, anyone? Are we to archive these podcasts? It's up to you :)

My two cents...... I agree with neuro's sentiment. I think this site should be a showcase for the best of Jules. That for me sadly, does not include his recent stuff. In fact it pains me hearing him play those embarrassing jingles and bootlegs now, when I know how good he used to be. Also, if it takes a lot of the mods time and energy setting up the podcasts that meant some classic sets from years ago being put on the backburner or neglected, then I'd be against it. Sorry No2 fan. That's just me though.

Have you listened to the podcasts though? :silenced:

Also surely the mods wont have to do too much, as we are all able to tracklist these things and the podcasts can be got from the podomatic place now.

No. I suppose until I do, I shouldn't really make a comment to be fair. Are they good? I'm only going by radio, and live sets (albiet haven't heard him live 1st hand in two years). He's always said the later time slot allows him to play pretty much his club set on radio. Saw a you tube clip of a very recent set. He played horrendous 'Put your hands in the air' samples over a remix of a pop song. This was the Arches I think too, a proper club. I don't want to remember him for this current style.

That being said, if it's no big deal for the mods, I've no problem at all.Maybe in five or so years people will be looking for these sets the way we used to. Although with the internet, all this stuff should be pretty widely available, unlike the mountains of cassettes we all used to own that have long since bitten the dust!

A lot of Jules sets are suspect now but I have listened to a few of his Judgement Sundays podcasts and they have all been good so far!

Numbers 1 - 17 are stored on the link below to his podomatic website and you can listen to them in full without downloading them if you don't want to.

You need to go right down to the bottom of the page and click 'Previous Page' to get numbers 1 & 2 though! :thumbsup:

http://judgejules.podomatic.com/profile?p=1

Thx for that Mark, l've also been able to download them without having to install itunes so l'm well pleased ,sorted :thumbsup:

My two cents...... I agree with neuro's sentiment. I think this site should be a showcase for the best of Jules. That for me sadly, does not include his recent stuff. In fact it pains me hearing him play those embarrassing jingles and bootlegs now, when I know how good he used to be. Also, if it takes a lot of the mods time and energy setting up the podcasts that meant some classic sets from years ago being put on the backburner or neglected, then I'd be against it. Sorry No2 fan. That's just me though.

+1. Jules hasnt really progressed for the last 4 years or so now i dont think. The only podcast i listen to are the Zinc "Crack House" mixes on Soundcloud (he is so good, technically incredible). Jules is just playing rehashes of tracks that are 10 years old. Times change and so do people i suppose, but i just dont think Jules is relevant anymore. The site should be for sets from 1998-2002 at the latest.

Well, some people do still like Jules, and some new people do to. Subjective. :)

So Neuro it's down to you innit? I was wondering as well where all the 'images' are ? I can't find them.

The magazine scans?? Try the "Gallery Archive" at the top of the page... next to "Links" and "Unknown Tracks" :whistling:

Archived