Audio embedding fixed

Neuro

Google pulled their Reader player last week which broke all our embedded mp3 links.

So, I've just spent the past hour and a half playing with some new code to try and allow mp3 embedding in posts on here again - with success!

Example:

http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/audio/unknown/id191.mp3

id191 = Airscape - L'esperanza (Armin van Buuren's Rising Star Mix) [Xtravaganza]

• If you want to embed mp3s or videos, when posting simply click on the "Insert Media" button (on the far right of the text editor: media.png), and enter the full URL.
  • This will simply wrap your URL in MEDIA tags like this:
    [media]http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/audio/unknown/id191.mp3[/media]
  • And then when you post your message it'll become embedded, like the above example.

Hope you all like the new player....

Enjoy :)

P.S. You need to have Adobe Flash Player installed for this to work

By the way, can I just point out that that Armin remix in the example is pure bliss!!!! I didn't even know there was an Armin remix B)

Yup! It's brilliant... I only got the vinyl with the Paul Van Dyk Remix of L'esperanza, but it's also really good in it's own way

Sounds and looks great. Thankyou. Doubt I'll be able to use it, but that's just coz I'm jinxed! :confused: I'll be able to play other peoples clips though, so that'll be good. :thumbsup:

It's really easy - it's exactly the same method to embed Youtube clips - simply paste the URL in, slap on the "media" tags either side of it, and it'll embed itself when you post - try it out ;)

By the way, can I just point out that that Armin remix in the example is pure bliss!!!! I didn't even know there was an Armin remix B)

In 1999 Xtravaganza only put out a one-sided white label of the Armin remix (which I nabbed on vinyl) but, for reasons unknown, didn't actually release it officially. Eventually when it all went digital a few years ago, they decided it was worthy of a proper release - and I think quite rightly so!

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/iTech4u/Desktop/All%20you%20Bastards%20intro.mp3

Yeah...as I thought....

The file has to be already uploaded on t'Internet somewhere first! :)

Ok gonna try with this now...

http://soundcloud.com/loda/need-you-now

Sorry N2F. At the moment I should have pointed out the media function only currently supports (i.e. embeds into posts):

• any direct mp3 links (URLs must end in ".mp3")
  • any videos from Youtube, Google Video, or Myspace
  • any Flickr photos/movies

Soundcloud is a great idea though and I'll do my best to add support for this later this week (I'll have to see if it's possible first).

**EDIT**

Soundcloud now supported :)

I think it would be very handy to play Soundcloud links using this method, especially for member mixes, tracks, etc.

For example, it sounds like it would be easier for members to check out the audio preview, all in one click of a button on the same topic page?

Best of luck with it Neuro - I look forward to hearing if it's possible B)

I think it would be very handy to play Soundcloud links using this method, especially for member mixes, tracks, etc.

For example, it sounds like it would be easier for members to check out the audio preview, all in one click of a button on the same topic page?

Best of luck with it Neuro - I look forward to hearing if it's possible B)

Well, I had a good old bash at it this morning so here we go:

Same procedure - just make sure you wrap the sound cloud URL in the media tags, and you'll get this:

http://soundcloud.com/loda/need-you-now

I had to steal their player but it does the job.

Enjoy :)

This is great news tim. It seems that my old posts linking to Soundcloud now have the player and my audio embedded. So insterting a link in the normal way also seems to work, without the media tags.

Anyway this is great,

Thanks Tim

Shall I try again? Lol

No need to try - your original post above is now recognized :)

Tremor - you still need to wrap the media tags around the link - I just took it upon myself to go around the board and fix a few :mrgreen:

Tremor - you still need to wrap the media tags around the link - I just took it upon myself to go around the board and fix a few :mrgreen:

Well I don't know what to say.... you deserve an award! what a man!

Archived