Insert Media

Marty Mayes

Mixcloud is not supported :( However, files uploaded to Soundcloud are supported - we suggest you use that medium for the time being.

I did have a look at implementing mixcloud embedding how you suggest, but it's a bit more complicated and I couldn't figure out how to do it (again there's no extractable mp3 file to grab hold of, and on their website they have another window which opens and the player is embedded in there, which adds layers of complication as I can't figure out how to extract that object). I'll have another look at the weekend.

Mixcloud is not supported :( However, files uploaded to Soundcloud are supported - we suggest you use that medium for the time being.

I did have a look at implementing mixcloud embedding how you suggest, but it's a bit more complicated and I couldn't figure out how to do it (again there's no extractable mp3 file to grab hold of, and on their website they have another window which opens and the player is embedded in there, which adds layers of complication as I can't figure out how to extract that object). I'll have another look at the weekend.

Yeah i was wondering i did use soundcloud but they started charging me and its to expensive for there unlimited account, So ive moved onto mixcloud as its all free of charge

Marty I'm going to invest some time to get this embedded Mixcloud plugin working on here, as requested.

The reason it's not straightforward is because Mixcloud seems to function slightly differently to the other ones I've done, and I have to code the variable in such a way for it to recognize the unique link that someone posts and for it to parse correctly. It's not a case of simply pasting the "share" HTML code as this messageboard does not allow direct pasting of coding language; it has to form part of a fixed "plugin" which is hand-coded in the back-end, so to speak.

Given I'm not great at coding generally (and often break things) I'll need a bit of time but I'll have a good old blast on Saturday morning and see what happens. Fingers crossed!!

Marty I'm going to invest some time to get this embedded Mixcloud plugin working on here, as requested.

The reason it's not straightforward is because Mixcloud seems to function slightly differently to the other ones I've done, and I have to code the variable in such a way for it to recognize the unique link that someone posts and for it to parse correctly. It's not a case of simply pasting the "share" HTML code as this messageboard does not allow direct pasting of coding language; it has to form part of a fixed "plugin" which is hand-coded in the back-end, so to speak.

Given I'm not great at coding generally (and often break things) I'll need a bit of time but I'll have a good old blast on Saturday morning and see what happens. Fingers crossed!!

Yeah no worries mate appreciate your work for the site jja just gets better now esp with the media & the youtube embedded links respect mate :thumbsup:

I am sorry to say that it is not physically possible to embed Mixcloud links onto this board like the Soundcloud ones can sad.gif

The way you build these media tag items is you take the URL of the page and compare it to the 'embed' code that it tells you to paste onto your site, and see how they relate. The problem with the Mixcloud embed codes is that they have values in their embed code that don't relate to anything you find in the page URL, and that vary from one item to the next.

For example, part of the embed code that would need to be created in order for the player to work contains this:

value="feed=http://www.mixcloud.com/api/1/cloudcast/ONEMAN/spring-2010-mix.json&embed_uuid=48969f70-5960-4e47-a5c6-94aec39e3ce3&embed_type=widget_standard"

Those letters and numbers after uuid are unique to this particular player, but there's no way given just the URL to the page this is on to create that value in order to build the HTML to embed this player. Looking at a different item on this site, you see a different value in this spot, so there isn't any way to use just the page URL value to construct this media code.

Sorry about that Marty - gave it my best shot.

• 1 year later...

Archived