Moving tunes from iTunes?

Number2Fan

Can you do that, move stuff from iTunes, purchased from the iStore, into your 'my music' folder so that it can be used for other trhings, not just your iPod??

I ask because I want to get Guru Josh from iTunes, but I want to mix with it?? If I can't do that I wont bother buying it from iTunes, coz I already have a mixed version on my iPod anyway. :confused:

If you can do it, how do you do it?

If you need it as an MP3 try right clicking on the track in iTunes. It should have an option to convert to mp3. Do this first as all stuff on the itunes store will be in the AAC format and wont work with any windows software. When it has converted right click on the converted file and click on 'show in windows explorer.' This will open up the folder where the actual file is stored on your computer. Then you can copy and paste it to wherever you like and it should be usable with any software which uses MP3's which is pretty much everything.

sometimes particular tracks are protected and you will not be able to convert them to mp3 in itunes.. the option just wont be in the menu. In this case you can still burn a CD of the track within itunes and then either use the CD in CD decks or simply rip the CD back to the PC in MP3 format using media player.

if you need any more help let me know.

Thankyou very much, I will endeavour to try this. :thumbsup:

as long as the song isnt a protected file with encryption you can convert it from that method.

or if you right click on the file you can show the location on your hard drive.

alternatively if it is a protected file, the long method, is to create a playlist, put the songs in it, burn them to a cd.

if you wanna remove the protection simply rip it back into the itunes library.

alternatively if it is a protected file, the long method, is to create a playlist, put the songs in it, burn them to a cd.

if you wanna remove the protection simply rip it back into the itunes library.

I've done this - I hate copy protection! I've bought my my music so I should be able to put it on any device I want, in my opinion.

mp3s all the way btw :thumbsup:

Archived