There's something horribly wrong with my ears!!

Number2Fan

Besides the continuous ringing I now have, I have an added problem. My balance is going awol. Last Thursday I opened my eyes in the morning to find the room was ACTUALLY spinning in front of me, it was awful, I couldn't walk,it made me feel sick to move my head even the slightest millimetre. It really was very bad, my children were asking me for things and I couldn't move my head let alone get them stuff. I put it down to a virus that I may have had, as I keep catching nasty bugs from my kids school. However I also keep suddenly getting dizzy through out the day, here and there, and I have a strange much louder and deeper ringing that kinda comes and goes. It's been a week of this.

It's also become clear I can't hear people talking to me unless they are looking at me.

Ironically my new ear plugs arrived last Wednesday, and seem great.

I'm gonna go to the doctors either tomorrow or Friday to check it all over, I'm a bit scared though. What if I've left it too late? :(

I've had ear infections before - usually in one ear - and apart from the obvious hearing problem it really makes your balance go. I wouldn't worry too much as it's probably an inner ear infection but definitely get it checked out! :)

I hope that it all clears up Number 2. I could say positive things. But it sounds like you have labyrinthititis and tinnitus. For the former, there are tablets that can be taken. They are rarely very effective. But I hope you are helped by one of them. For the latter, there is generally no effective treatment, and people just have to live with it. But I do hope that maybe it's just an ear infection and will pass. I would not wish it to be a lasting condition for you. I wish you a speedy recovery, if that is possible. If these are condition's you cannot recover from, I am sure that you are a strong enough person to adapt and cope, and still be the person you always were and will be :)

The labyrinthitis is clearing of it's own accord, the sinusitis is starting to clear today thanx to the antibiotics, the tinnitus is still with me, and I beleive it always will be, and has been for quite a long time. :( But that's ok ... many people have far worse lives than I do. So I'll cope. :)

You are a fighter Number 2! I don't mean that in a bad way at all! Just that whatever difficulties you have, that you'll fight on, and make the best of how things are! Tinnitus can be a very distressing condition. I once read of a device that play's white noise through earphones. For a break, or if the tinnitus is being really very distressing. The frequency and pitch of the white noise could be adjusted to give the maximum relief possible. Though, I read about it many years ago, and I don't know if they proved effective enough to be still available. You could ask your GP about it though, and if he doesn't know about it you could ask to be referred to be seen by ENT. If that device is still around they would certainly know of it :)

Archived