England's progress in the World Cup

Quadrant

This is a nice public forum so I'd like to say how awful tonight's match was.

One of the most boring matches I've ever seen.

I suggest removing Heskey and replacing with Crouch. And put Joe Cole starting instead of Frank Lampshade. That is all.

This is a nice public forum so I'd like to say how awful tonight's match was.

One of the most boring matches I've ever seen.

I suggest removing Heskey and replacing with Crouch. And put Joe Cole starting instead of Frank Lampshade. That is all.

I agree. Leave Rooney out too. He's been off form since he picked up that injury. I'm sick of hearing the media saying he's "world class". He's not when he's off form!

I've only just about calmed down now. What a gutless, effortless, heartless bunch of shit that was last night! Absolute disgrace to the Three Lions.

It was the worst England performance I've seen in the almost 28 years I've been around. I still can't believe it.

I've defended Capello before but I don't understand how Shaun Wright-Philips 2 games in a row has come on instead of Joe Cole, WHERE THE HELL is Joe Cole? He's our most creative player, and he hasn't even played a single minute yet.

I really hope in the next game that the system changes, Rooney plays up front on his own where he is comfortable, and Joe Cole starts on the left, Lampard is dropped, and we see a happier England team playing a formation they obviously feel more confident with. I'm starting to think the players were trying to prove a point last night, or there is real disharmony in the squad.

I'm still dumbfounded :(

I've never liked Rooney anyway, he's a f****** mug!! They're all quite capable of playing a f****** good match, and we have the easiest group of the lot, that match last night was the worst match I've seen in this World cup and was embarrassed to be English. Passing it to the other team the whole time, and if they don't want people who've paid to go to South africa and cheer the team on, then they shoulda made an effort. Perhaps if they didn't get paid for being shit, they might try harder. Imagine if they'd had a difficult team to play, saying all we have to do now is beat Slovenia, well they're the only winners out of our group and at the rate we're going we DO NOT deserve to go through. The minute we get a challenging team to play, we'll be slaughtered!!! :nuke: Total dicks!!

I hope Uruguay win!!! A team that at least looks like they WANT to win.

Blimey, where do you start? tbh its ever looked gid since the Rob Green incident. Why is Heskey starting? Surely its time to start with Crouch who has an impressive international to goal ratio. I also agree with Joe Cole starting. Why isnt he even coming on?

I dont think the formation suits some of the key players either. I'd like to see Rooney up front on his own, with Gerrard playing just behind him. This system has worked before for England, so why cant it work again?

England are a poor football team. 4-4-2 doesn't work and even if they qualify on Wednesday I can not see them making the quarter finals. They have the easiest group and half of the draw. They also had the easiest qualifying group to get to the tournament. I feel sorry for the fans that have saved for years to get to South Africa.

I watched the first game (USA) in Hamburg & it was suitably spineless but Friday's effort was abhorent.

It was just abysmal really, no class, no effort & no heart.

I don't like Terry but I liked his comments yesterday, Gerrard has been very quiet (that's his style & not a criticism) but it needed someone to come out & try and get people on-side again with the team but actually saying something other than the copybook press release shit that usually gets spouted.

Joe Cole must play & how SWP even gets in the squad when he's not even the best English winger at Man City is beyond me. Lampard was awful & needs to be replaced, I actually thought Heskey did ok for the most part (up until that woeful attempt at a stepover) and he would have stayed on but for Rooney's reputation

I watched the first game (USA) in Hamburg & it was suitably spineless but Friday's effort was abhorent.

It was just abysmal really, no class, no effort & no heart.

I don't like Terry but I liked his comments yesterday, Gerrard has been very quiet (that's his style & not a criticism) but it needed someone to come out & try and get people on-side again with the team but actually saying something other than the copybook press release shit that usually gets spouted.

Joe Cole must play & how SWP even gets in the squad when he's not even the best English winger at Man City is beyond me. Lampard was awful & needs to be replaced, I actually thought Heskey did ok for the most part (up until that woeful attempt at a stepover) and he would have stayed on but for Rooney's reputation

I agree Tom. Lampard has rarely been anything more than average for England - he never seems to have been able to make the step up to international level. It amazes me how many chances he's been given for England. His place isn't justified.

SWP shouldn't be in the squad - and definately not on the pitch. Joe Cole is better and offers a lot more all round. I think Capello must have had some sort of run-in with Cole because i'm amazed he's not even made the pitch for 5 minutes so far.

Rooney is clearly struggling for form - either as a result of the injury from the end of last season, or because he's knackered from carrying United all season. He can't be an automatic choice on the teamsheet if he's not 100% - and he clearly isn't. He's being picked on reputation at the momenrt, rather than form - and thats not right.

As for Heskey - he's played OK, but other than a few flick ons and hold-ups, what else does he contribute? To get through, goals have to be scored - and Heskey doesn't score goals. Crouch can do everything Heskey can do - plus score goals.

I'm baffled with some of Capello's decisions so far! It appears he's lost his dressing room too - and once that happens, I think thats the end of a manager.

The thing that baffles me most of all though is that how a group of English players, playing for their country in the biggest football tournament of their careers, can't seem to show any passion. Regardless of whether they like the manager or not, or agree or disagree with some of his decisions, surely they should be fired up to win those games!

Ok predictions for tomorrow then sirs?

I reckon a 1-1 draw is on the cards. If someone guess the correct score then they shall receive a (fish-themed) prize from me :)

h-driver.jpg

I'm not interested in the dutch team at all, they bore me, they get slyly annoyed unless they're winning and out and out foul, getting away with it on and on. He well deserved that yellow card in the end, prob shoulda had his lot already.

If Suarez had been the Uruguay woulda won that handz down, glad they had Holland worried in the end tho.

I say no more, as I am a jinx, :silenced: but I knew Uruguay would do well. :thumbsup:

Archived