Cream Ibiza 2010: Mixed By Eddie Halliwell

Aza

51Y%2BiJ5vw-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Disc: 1

1. Deadmau5 - Strobe

2. AN21 & Max Vangeli - Swedish Beauty

3. Burns - Kiss N Hold (Eddie's ED-IT)

4. Mark Knight v Koen Groeneveld – Put Your Hands Up(Koen Groeneveld Remix)(Eddie's ED-IT)

5. Disfunktion – Desolee (Radion 6 Remix) (Eddie's ED-IT)

6. Moguai – D.F.S.H.

7. TDR – Squelch (Olav Basoski Remix) (Eddie's ED-IT)

8. Beltek – Eclipse (Eddie's ED-IT)

9. Afrojack - Pacha On Acid (Eddie's ED-IT)

10. Pryda - Emos

11. Steve Angello - Monday

12. Mark Knight & Funkagenda – Antidote

13. Cirez D – Glow (Eddie's ED-IT)

14. Deadmau5 & Chris Lake – I Said (Michael Woods Remix)

15. Steve Mulder vs Nick Fiorucci – 3rd Cut (Eddie's ED-IT)

16. Joris Voorn - The Secret (Eddie's ED-IT)

17. Space DJz – The Karrusell (Eddie's ED-IT)

18. Marco Bailey – Filter Bitch

Disc: 2

1. Jerome Isma-Ae - Smile When You Kill Me (Eddie's ED-IT)

2. Spektre & Matt Cooper – Cuernos Cubanos (Eddie's ED-IT)

3. Piatto – Storm (Remake 2009)

4. Umek – Work This Data (Eddie's ED-IT)

5. Dennis de Laat vs Mark Simmons – RISK (Dub Mix) (Eddie's ED-IT)

6. DJ Preach ft. Matthew Ryan – Spark (Marco V Remix)

7. Skytech – Comet

8. Sander van Doorn – Ninety

9. Joint Operations Centre – Backup (Eddie's ED-IT)

10. Nalin & Kane - Beachball (Joris Voorn Remix) (Eddie's ED-IT)

11. Ferry Corsten Pres. Pulse – Rendition

12. Leon Bolier & Marcus Schossow – 2099

13. Activa and Giuseppe Ottaviani - Long Way Back (Giuseppe Ottaviani Mix)

14. Patrick Plaice – Flash Forward (Eddie's ED-IT)

15. Spiros Kaloumenos – Plan B (Eddie's ED-IT)

16. Richard Durand – Xelerate

17. Greg Downey – Global Code

18. John O'Callaghan – Striker

19. Sander van Doorn – Bastillon

20. Dustin Zahn – Stanger (To Stability) (Len Faki Podium Remix)

Thoughts?

I'm still a big fan of Halliwell and especially always follow these type of compilations and for that reason alone I'll be checking this out. There do look to be some corkers in there too and a well fine balanced mix of what looks to be trance and uplifting material :)

Think he's been doing the Cream compilations annually since about 2006/07...

Also, no and again there has been the odd 'fire it up' compilation too. I just tend to follow his radio show and there you get good quality tunes without too many Ed-it's ;) Although IMO, hearing how he rinses up these tracks on the CDS I do enjoy :)

Think he's been doing the Cream compilations annually since about 2006/07...

Also, no and again there has been the odd 'fire it up' compilation too. I just tend to follow his radio show and there you get good quality tunes without too many Ed-it's ;) Although IMO, hearing how he rinses up these tracks on the CDS I do enjoy :)

Ha, shows what I know. Last cd of his I got was some triple one with him, Jules and someone else who escapes me, from about four years ago. Eddies stood out by a country mile. Really enjoyed it. Will definately check this out. Ah my broadband connections pure muck, any sort of streamings a waste of time, so don't listen to much online. Hoping to get a new proper setup now soon though.

The last compilation cd I bought was recommended by you too if I'm not mistaken, the J00F Euphoria cd? That was ace.

He's gone a bit mad with the "ED-IT"s there hasn't he... but it is his trademark style I guess... I won't knock it til I've listened to it!

Thanks for alerting, sir Aza.

Aye, I think maybe because he doesn't produce, he feels more of an emphasise to put his own 'stamp' on tunes. It's a pity, I think he's taken away from his sets. He has to be one of the most technically gifted dj's ever though.

I think nowadays compilations need to stand out more. Virtually all of them have exclusives & such & this has none, most of the tunes were out ages ago & it needs something fresh.

I have gone off Eddie but I feel this is largely due to the fact that the music that made him famous is now in such short supply. The only trance DJs out there that still hammer it, guys like JOC, Askew, Kearney, all make their own tunes & proper edits. They can personalise their sets to an extent that Halliwell can't & thus he has had to find new types of music to play, sadly ones which don't suit him so much

Milkybarkid: Glad that you enjoyed the previous recommendation and happy for you :)

I think the other compilation you're referring to is Judgement Euphoria and the third cd being mixed by The Trophy Twins.

Agree as well that he is definately one of the most talented DJs. I was only just randomly checking out his Emix set which he debuted on Radio 1 in Ascencion in Manchester. One of all time faves I think... Real real crowd rocker!

Kinda agree with Tom too, but I what I do like about knowing and being familiar with the tunes is that they just sound even more mental when you are able to recognise just what Eddie's doing to them. It's like not hearing a tune you love and then know when it's being mixing in or out, only after you get to know it's structure do you see where this is done.

The CD's out July 5th by the way ;)

• 3 weeks later...