More classics!

here's another classics mix to add to the latest trend on the board!

All tracks have the distinction of being either purchased as an original CD single, feature on an unmixed compilation album or are available digitally. It's as raw as when I recorded it, no planning, just went for it (one track edited for length though).

1. York - 'Farewell to the moon' (Club mix) [Manifesto]

2. Transa - 'Supernova' [uG]

3. The Olmec Heads - 'Spiritualised' [Neo]

4. Ariel - 'A9' [Essential Recordings]

5. Airwave - 'Above the sky' [bonzai]

6. Push vs Globe - 'Tranceformation' [bonzai]

7. Three Drives - 'Sunset on Ibiza' [Massive Drive]

8. Nevada - 'Touched by the hand' [bonzai]

9. Spoiled and Zigo - 'More and more' [Manifesto]

10. Mario Piu pres. Dj Arabesque - 'Serendipity' [bXR]

11. GD - 'Choral Reef' [iDJ]

http://www.yousendit.com/download/YWhNWGJKbWdiR0t4dnc9PQ

I sen a thread on matt hardwicks forum about yet another bloodey gatecrasher classics album but this time mixed by someone well know PVD, but yet again why pay 15 quid for the same stuff that can find mixed in a different order on I don't know how many classics albums released in the last few years, it is really getting beyond it.

Really when all you guys onhere are taking time to do these mixes all for free I shouldn't moan really!

It's just classics overload! :wacko:

How about we look at all these trance classics comps, and basically recreate them so people dont have to pay for them

Everyones doing mixes of the same old tracks, be more imaginative someone! although it does means you dont have to buy all these classic compilations that have the same tracks, for 15 quid a go mind you...

Again, I think you are being harsh Jase, Christian's mix is not your run of the mill Classics shite, so to say it's the "same old tracks" is wrong....

I'm using a general sweeping statement to everyones classics mixes not just Christians but yes I am being a bit harsh I admit, I am sorry for going off on one, I never intend to come across in a mean or nasty way.

I should shut up and do a mix and then everyone can give me flack :)

Transa - 'Supernova' is one tune thats so hard to get hold of, vinyl copies are pricey!, but what a tune

I think I know what you're getting at Jason. There are some tracks which are often featured on all the classics CDs that come out which some of us have used in recent mixes. When I do a "classics" mix I am not usually thinking about compiling a list of the biggest and most commercial tracks that have come out of the trance scene over the last decade which IS what the numerous compilations coming out ARE doing. What I tend to do is pick a fairly narrow time window such as Autum of 2000 and because I keep all my records filed A-Z but split into year or even season of the year it's easy for me to recreate a typical set that would actually have been played during that time. This means some of the selections will be tunes that later went on to become huge and perhaps annoying and commercial but I will pick them to play amongst other much more underground and forgotten tracks that were out at the same time. So my "classics" sets usually end up being a mixture of well known and perhaps seemingly unimaginative selections thrown in with other tracks I am sure you wont ever find on a gatecrasher or cream or ministry album... tunes that Jules played once and never again kind of idea. I feel that this set from Christian has a similar feel to the tracklisting and I like it because I tend to think along the same lines when creating mine.

I have just put one together and deliberately made it all fairly un-obvious choices to try and be a bit different. I personally always get up for mixing my old vinyls in the summer so that's part of the reason I've done a few recently. Anyway I am going to burn this mix to CD and whack it on in the car... looks like a great mix for driving around to.

I've none of the other tracks have feature on many if any of the diluge of trance classics comps from the past 3 years or so, if anything those 10 tracks would have at some point rocked Gatecrasher and Godskitchen and even Cream hard so theyare begging to be used on a mix comp.

How about we look at all these trance classics comps, and basically recreate them so people dont have to pay for them

What a wonderful idea! I like this.

Personally I think the JJA board has produced some really good classics mixes which are far from run-of-the-mill so I am surprised by Sir Jason's comment!

Classics are classics after all... you can't get round that or else they aren't classics, are they? -_-