Secret Santa 2010age

JasonB

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'm completely starting from scratch at this (dj'ing) again now, but I'm gonnna start this mix soon. A few questions:

Do we know who the mix is for beforehand, or do we just do it, and send it off?

Secondly, re the 320 issue, I'll be using two cdj's recording on Audacity, burning onto cd. All of my recent stuff is in 320, will it still keep that quality, or do I need to do something else? Some of my older tunes aren't 320, think some are 192 or something though.

Apologies, it's been nearly ten years since I last did something like this. I used to just have hit record on the tape deck!

1) No no-one knows which/who's mix they will receive, I don't either yet It will be a random allocation.

2) You don't have to worry about encoding to mp3 if burning to cd unless you like to save space on cd, you can just record to wav. and burn to cd normally. PM me for my address to send the CD to, I will rip and encode to 192 mp3 then and then upload when the time comes to dishing the mixes out.

Ten years ago things were much simpler eh!, I didn't have a pc let alone cd players, I was still all vinyl :)

1) No no-one knows which/who's mix they will receive, I don't either yet It will be a random allocation.

2) You don't have to worry about encoding to mp3 if burning to cd unless you like to save space on cd, you can just record to wav. and burn to cd normally. PM me for my address to send the CD to, I will rip and encode to 192 mp3 then and then upload when the time comes to dishing the mixes out.

Ten years ago things were much simpler eh!, I didn't have a pc let alone cd players, I was still all vinyl :)

Ha ha, tell me about it. All I had to worry about was missing the sound of the tape getting chewed up, or knocking the needle off near the end!

Na, I'll do it like you said, and get it sent.

Thanks mate, I'll do that soon, and pm you for the address. I'll do it soon coz I'm in Ireland. Think we still deliver by pidgeon abroad!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...