Cosmetic changes - opinions!

KR Tech

Hi everyone

As you can probably see I've just got rid of the Invision Blue logo at the top and replaced it with the site logo, plus added some more links...

This is really flexible, and it's for all you guys, so I wanted to know what thought, what it's missing, and more/less links you would like on your board... I think with just the logo it's a slightly bare but if you could share your honest opinions I'd be really grateful. Many thanks!

KR

It needs to have a name next to the logo ;  for example something like The JJ Archive Message Board and perhaps a picture of Jules.  I'm sure there will be lots of suggestions. :lol:

Agreed 8-) It deffo needs something, but not sure what. Looks too bare with nothing there

Is it me, or are the icons not showing in dark blue when there are new posts?

Pretty certain the blue circular new post arrows go dark still for new posts, unless you logged out last time without reading them all :)

So a bit of text at the top then. Any more ideas?

I've just tried with pale blue text and white is probably better.

Unfortunately the logo cannot be aligned in the top right at the moment due to limitations of the template - the Admin has settings for site name and description which take up that portion but later on I will strip the top code out and try that which you suggested!

Thanks for this, really helps... and it is your board after all!

KR

I definitely think that the top half of the board looks good, the logo and colours work well.

One thing about the site however, I really don't think that the red text next to the logo or near the bottom of the page goes well with the colour scheme it looks really out of place colour-wise and in my opinion looks a bit tacky, your call on this obviously, but thought I'd mention it whilst we're talking cosmetics!

Thanks for comments, all!

Originally the site had no messageboard, but now it seems we have taken on the "blue" theme and I think you're right Wakey the main design from 3 or so years ago with the red doesn't look quite right now: thanks for flagging that up :)

I plan to change this and really embrace the cool blue scheme consistently throughout the site.

Archived