Slipmats

Neuro

Can anyone suggest any slipmat I can buy that

1) doesn't look stupid

2) doesn't moult and cover the other side of the vinyl with its own fibres

If you have one lying around at home, I'll buy it off you, cos at the moment I'm using the smooth polythene inner off a record sleeve inlay on top of the mat itself which is far from perfect.

Help much appreciated, cheers!

Tim, I'll see if we have any Nebula slipmatt's in the office and I'll send em to you when I've got a spare second =o) On the subject of sending things, Bjorn, I have not forgotten about you, I'm just very very busy at the moment so I'll get round to sending you your CD soon.

Cheers =o)

ah, nice 1 robin, i did think u had forgot!!1

busy times and all that, cheers mate!

I used anjunabeats slipmats which were good, but got well dirty as all the crap on my records stuck to em!

My sis got me sum 'f*** off im mixing' DMC ones 4 my birthday, these deffo do the trick!

Yes, very strange!

I know a friend who cut a perfect circle from a rubber foot mat in his car, drilled a hole (not easy) with it wedged between some wood and tried it out on the decks: results = it was a bit heavy for the platter and certainly didn't 'slip' making it impossible to cue up. So I don't recommend it! :lol:

• 1 year later...
Tim, I'll see if we have any Nebula slipmatt's in the office and I'll send em to you when I've got a spare second =o) On the subject of sending things, Bjorn, I have not forgotten about you, I'm just very very busy at the moment so I'll get round to sending you your CD soon.

Cheers =o)

Hi mate, any chance of sending that slipmat when you've a second :wink:

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Cheers =o)

Hi mate any chance of winging that slipmat over to me when you have time please? :)

I know a friend who cut a perfect circle from a rubber foot mat in his car, drilled a hole (not easy) with it wedged between some wood and tried it out on the decks: results = it was a bit heavy for the platter and certainly didn't 'slip' making it impossible to cue up. So I don't recommend it! :lol:

I'm not sure I believe that!!

Archived