Acetates

Neuro

Craig lent me one which I received today (originally from Scottish DJ Colin Tevendale) and their nature still fascinate me. Does anyone on this board own any acetates these days, or know how many plays (generally) an acetate can give out until it starts deteriorating too much?

I had a 1-sided one once which I bought cheaply at the market, but the track was nothing special and the previous owner(s) had obviously either played it too much or used a knackered needle.

This page is useful to those who want to be educated in the lovely (but now defunct) world of acetate :D :

http://www.moremusic.co.uk/links/features/acetate.htm

Craig lent me one which I received today (originally from Scottish DJ Colin Tevendale)

Someone's been shopping in 23rd precinct! They're seeling off all his old vinyl there - not sure if he's simply made the switch to CD, or if he's hung up his headphones :?

23rd precinct indeed Steve, that's what he said! A double sided acetate with "Synastasia" [sic.] from the Thrillseekers on the flipside for some reason.

I like acetate, apart from it's ridiculous weight and obvious limited lifetime, it doesn't attract dust - my new enemy recently - so sometimes you get a really good quality sound from it.

Craig you should keep hold of this, I'll wrap it up well when I send it back ;)

Archived