moonman - dont be afraid

jaylo

Sorry mate. Nothing against your production abilities but this does nothing for me. I just don't see the need for an update of such a classic tune and to be fair that's my opinion of most of these remixes. Corsten's work was faultless around the time of this track - none of his classics need remixing.

Thats not bad at all, i think i would have used a bit of the vocal and chop it etc. I much prefer something like that to a mashup.

I've been learning to produce tracks for about the last 5 months now too. I feel i'm nearly ready to make a track. What software are you using? I'm on FL Studio, after trialling Reason (found too difficult), Ableton (didnt like the interface) and Pro Tools (Couldnt get my head around it), so went with FL Studio.

Jaylo, how long does it take you to make a track? Do you find procrastination a big problem (fitting it in between working and a girlfriend - not easy to find the time!)

Cheers for the feedback

Im using ableton live 8 and i use aswell pro logic 8, i did try reason aswell but it wasnt for me it.

I started that a couple months back it was for a project to do in music production course that im doing,

Ye it is hard trying to squeeze in production aswell as full time job, gigs on the weekend and i was helping a friend out doing a bit of work with him and having to make time for my girlfriend and daughter

I'd seruiously consider sending this off to Markus Schulz - it would fit in with his style and I could see him playing this.

I don't see the problem with remixing old classics - most of the originals sound too dated now and the production isn't as crisp as current productions, so they sound out of place in current sets. I'm all for remixes of old tunes if it gives them a new lease of life (they have to be good though!).

EDIT: I can see why Timmy & Tommy like it too - the pumping bassline is similar in style to that which they used in their remake of Atlantis vs Fiji - Avatar.

By the way mate, would you like me to send this to Fabio Stein for you? I talk to him quite often and he might support it - its a tad slower than his usual style, but may be worth a shot?

Archived