Cosmic Gate BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix

Aza

Only came across whilst trawling through some of the archives and sets gone by this year. Spotted this and as a loyal Cosmic Gate fan had to check it out...

Have to admit that it did take me a while to warm to the new Cosmic Gate sound as their earlier productions really used to do it for me e.g. their remix of 'Urban Train', 'Miss Shiva's Dreams', 'Rank 1's Awakening' and 'Punk' to name but a few, but now I'm enjoying their new deeper, edgier sound in recent years.

0ad1bf1debd873f3eb97528bd74e834e3aaaef98.jpg

Sublime mixing, beautifully structured and some absolute cracking tunes in there - just see below:

[00:00] 01. Essential Mix – Intro (02:07)

[02:07] 02. Maor Levi – Reflect (Jerome Isma-Ae & Daniel Portman Remix / Cosmic Gate’s Essential Intro Edit) (01:26)

[03:33] 03. Wippenberg – Phoenix (06:01)

[09:33] 04. Moguai – We Want Your Soul (Thomas Gold Remix) (03:44)

[13:17] 05. Dune – Heiress of Valentina (Alesso Remix) (04:46)

[18:03] 06. Mat Zo – Synapse Dynamic (Arty Remix) (04:57)

[23:00] 07. Above & Beyond – Sun & Moon (05:24)

[28:23] 08. Bedrock – Heaven Scent (Flashtech Prog Mix) (03:38)

[32:02] 09. Whiteroom feat. Amy Cooper – Someday (Orjan Nilsen Remix) (05:27)

[37:29] 10. Cosmic Gate – Back To Earth (Arty Remix) (06:18)

[43:47] 11. Cosmic Gate feat. Jan Johnston – Raging (Alexander Povop Remix) (06:04)

[49:51] 12. Tiesto vs. Hardwell – Zero76 (03:32)

[53:23] 13. Nadia Ali – Rapture (Tristan Garner Remix) (05:30)

[58:52] 14. Robbie Rivera feat. Lizzie Curious – Departures (Cosmic Gate Remix) (04:37)

[63:29] 15. Jose Amnesia feat. Jennifer Rene – Louder (Alex Morph Remix) (06:03)

[69:33] 16. Jochen Miller – U And Eye (03:54)

[73:26] 17. Cirez D vs. Empire of the Sun – On Off vs. We Are People (Thomas Gold Rerub) (05:08)

[78:35] 18. Dada Life – White Noise, Red Meat (03:25)

[82:00] 19. Markus Schulz feat. Sir Adrian – Away (Cosmic Gate Remix) (05:44)

[87:43] 20. Mat Zo – Back In Time (07:23)

[95:07] 21. Cosmic Gate – Fire Wire (Cosmic Gates Back 2 The Future Remix) (05:35)

[100:42] 22. Ferry Corsten – Punk (Cosmic Gate Essential Rework) (04:34)

[105:16] 23. Nic Chagall – Monday Bar (TE ReEdit) (04:46)

[110:02] 24. Claessen & Martens – The Man Who Knew Too Much (05:04)

[115:05] 25. Cosmic Gate – Exploration of Space (Cosmic Gates Back 2 The Future Remix) (04:16)

You Can download the mix by going here...

Edited by Aza

I downloaded this a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately l couldn't transfer it to my portable MP3 player as it is a RAR file :angry:

When l missed one of Jules's shows l downloaded it from the alldj site and then found l couldn't transfer the rar file or burn it to CDR so transferred it onto a tape cassette. I then used Audacity to record it from the tape deck back into the computer and then export it as an MP3. I was then able to sync the file to my portable mp3 player and burn a CDR :sweatingbullets: . Is there another way to do this?

Chrissie - use winrar to extract the file, it's only a 'rar' file because it contains a few files - much like a 'zip' file. The mp3 will be within this file and you can then transfer it to your device.

That said, what did you think of the mix? :)

Chrissie - use winrar to extract the file, it's only a 'rar' file because it contains a few files - much like a 'zip' file. The mp3 will be within this file and you can then transfer it to your device.

That said, what did you think of the mix? :)

Must admit l'm a bit confused because my computer (Windows 7) will play rar files using Windows Media Player but it doesn't "unzip" them first :confused: Do l need to download Winrar programme and if so what is the best free site to get it from?

I was quite impressed with their Ess Mix and will definitely be listening to it again that's why l'm keen to get it onto my portable mp3 player.

I'm gona seem like a real misery guts again here but;

Personally I just didn't feel that this Essential Mix was anything special in terms of structure and composition. It may as well have been just another net radio show or Cosmic Gate promo mix.

We have had this discussion before (relating to Patterson's mix a while back) but personally (again my own opinion) I want something more from the Essential Mix, some real fore-thought and planning and something exceptional that will stand the test of time. I mean how many opportunities does one get to produce an Essential mix?

In three months almost all of these tunes will be forgotten and you could make another mix with similar structure and have the same effect.

I accept that as a face value mix it can be enjoyable if put together right but it just feels, to me, like a massive opportunity to do something special - which has not been seized.

I'm gona seem like a real misery guts again here but;

Personally I just didn't feel that this Essential Mix was anything special in terms of structure and composition. It may as well have been just another net radio show or Cosmic Gate promo mix.

In three months almost all of these tunes will be forgotten and you could make another mix with similar structure and have the same effect.

I accept that as a face value mix it can be enjoyable if put together right but it just feels, to me, like a massive opportunity to do something special - which has not been seized.

Tom, I agree with the points you have made about the mix and thats why l said l was quite impressed with their mix. l was surprised that they only played 3 of their own tunes (one being a remix) so can only guess they aren't making much music at the moment.

Tom, I agree with the points you have made about the mix and thats why l said l was quite impressed with their mix. l was surprised that they only played 3 of their own tunes (one being a remix) so can only guess they aren't making much music at the moment.

This wasn't a pop at you Chrissie, please don't interpret my post as that.

The big release that they have been pushing lately is the re-release of their old album with new interpretations. 'Exploration of Space', 'Raging', etc

They seem to spend most of their time remixing for others as opposed to producing new material though.

This wasn't a pop at you Chrissie, please don't interpret my post as that.

The big release that they have been pushing lately is the re-release of their old album with new interpretations. 'Exploration of Space', 'Raging', etc

They seem to spend most of their time remixing for others as opposed to producing new material though.

No worries Tom, don't give it another thought. Even if you were having a pop at me l wouldn't take offence, after all we are only expressing our opinions, no harm in that. ;)

We have had this discussion before (relating to Patterson's mix a while back) but personally (again my own opinion) I want something more from the Essential Mix, some real fore-thought and planning and something exceptional that will stand the test of time. I mean how many opportunities does one get to produce an Essential mix?

Tom: Now that you mention these points I must say I tend to agree... I must admit that the values I hold regarding EMIXes have been those which you mention here and actually as I haven't checked them out for a while have tended to overlook them.

Most of us on here have followed EMIXes and know that they are always that something special - they should always be that much more better and if you are to look back at them, they stand out by a mile. A classic example is of Eddie's many years ago at Ascension, Manchester. My opinion, but being a huge follower of trance and Eddie, you can really tell that he dug out every tune, thought about it and made the crowd rocket! Perhaps because it was live, but nevertheless, it's that effort. Here is the tracklist in case you are interested...

The same went for Yoji - check this out. Great structure and more importantly, how amazing is it of the BBC to get a mix from Yoji!