Inside Out @ The Arches, Glasgow 26/11/05

Neuro

Taking the 3 hour train journey up there today from Durham to meet Craig + Steve.

Guests are Above & Beyond, Markus Schulz, Sander van Doorn, Marcos and Pedro Delgado. Should be a top night! Not sure where I'm gonna sleep now though, as the next train back is at 7.20am, so we'll have to see if station benches come into use tonight... only once have I kipped on a pavement, when I got horribly lost after a big night out in Seville... :D

Yeah, thats the NYE line-up. I'll be there! (Hopefully without family intrusions this time)

Had a great night on Saturday and good to meet with you again Tim, and great to finally meet you Craig - I'm sure it won't be the last

Marcus Schultz I thought was playing too slow, esp as only 1 arch was open while he was on. Once someone gave the bass a boost it was a bit better!

Finally we got into the Play Room (why was it shut for so long :? ) and Marcos played an excellent set. Thats the 1st time I've been in the Play Room and with it being smaller, it just felt better, and no being pushed around either. I'll deffo be checking out that room more often 8-)

Sorry Tim & Craig for not saying bye, just couldn't find you anywhere :cry:

That's ok mate, we probably weren't sure where we were either! :D

Here commences an enormous story of the night, which you probably won't all read but hey, remember it was my first time in Scotland :)

An excellent night. I left Durham at lunchtime as Craig was off early from HMV so by 5.30pm we were already hitting the bars and playing some pool. I remember much amusement right from the word go, most notably the time I called one of Craig's mates "Geoff" by accident and it just stuck for the rest of the time we were there. We'd had quite a few Stellas by the time we left the last place, and Craig was busy trying to recruit his mates to come out to The Arches with us, though most had already got other things to do that evening. Except for Joanne & Brian, two more Craig's mates who had come to Glasgow for the day anyway, and they were up coming along which was fantastic. Anyway off to the club where Craig somehow had our ticket fee waived and our entry straight in ahead the rest of the (now rather longish) queue outside.

The whole of the Arches were not fully opened up, which both Steve and Craig told me would affect the feel for the place slightly on the night, which possibly it did. However where we were it was great from my perspective, a top venue! I thought Markus Schulz played ok, can't begin to recollect specific tunage form anyone that night but it flowed well. He did look as if he was concentrating too hard though; conversely, Sander van Doorn in the main arch got things a bit more livelier, and was full of humour as well... at one point he completely screwed up the end of a mix, but a quick spinback and a huge grin on his face I felt was spot on. I had a couple of dabbles in that other room (the Play room?) with Steve which was more intimate and faster in tempo. I liked the atmosphere in there a lot.

Finally Above & Beyond was last, and they took a careful few tunes to mould into their style which progressed nicely. I remember the Sasha remix of Petter 'These Are The Days' - that bassline - and some other good tracks, including one called 'Puma' which Craig & I instantly latched on to in the club, it's out on Anjunabeats soon. As the set drew to a close the atmosphere was immense, and we weren't even in the middle! And then William Orbit's 'Adagio For Strings' (Ferry Corsten Remix from 2000) came on completely out of the blue (no link intended!) and it sounded as fresh as the day it first appeared. The bouncers were quite flexible and let A&B play a tad longer, finishing the night with their own rework or Delerium's 'Silence', a totally top ending to a quality night. We did look for you Steve at this point but I gathered you'd gone home! It was definitely worth staying.

Jo and Brian very generously took myself and Craig back to theirs for some afterhours chilling where we stayed up all night doing this + that and enjoying the laptop tunes. I left for a train home early to get some work done by 8am, but didn't get back til past 4pm since there were flooding and we were taken back to Edinburgh before being herded into a train where I had to stand for 3 hours til Durham, after which I promptly went for a snooze.

I'll be back up there when the cash allows, not only for the clubbing but also for the city. Steve make sure we all meet up again with your buddies, hope your birthday was ok in the end! And Craig your mates were awesome, I'm sure I'll be meeting them again very soon. A thoroughly worthwhile trip :)

...back to theirs for some afterhours chilling where we stayed up all night doing this + that

I know what you mean :wink:

Sounds like a very tidy evening indeed. The Scottish are great, genuine persons... I used to go out with a girl from Edinburgh, there was something sexy about her accent. :D

Bugger! Wish we'd stayed for A&B, sounds like an excellent set. Claire's sister was saying that it is rare now for the whole of the Arches to be open now for Inside Out, apart from NYE and Special events. Shame really it is an awesome place when fully open

Roll on the next one...

marvellous marvellous (hopes sorry sounding like bruce forsyth again!!)cant really add any more to that superb report from tim....

great to meet u mate and a superb nite out!! it flowed briliantly!! same with steve and his friends great to meet u too!!

really really top evening/nite!!!! :D

have you seen the new years eve lineup - looks f****** amazing

louk

Yeah think that's with Scott Mac, Adam Sheridan and Matt Hardwick I think, can't remember!

Report of the night coming later when I'm more awake... :retard:

Matt Hardwick's doing the midnight set 8-) :thumbsup:

Archived