Mansun - Wide Open Space

Aza

So for those who have checked out the album and still reminisce about the first Trance Nation, do you recall the first track on CD2?

It was the Perfecto All Stars remix...

The other day I was checking out an old Essential Mix of Eddie Halliwell at Cream Amnesia in 2008 and the last but one track was - at the time - a first exclusive since apparently Greg usually gave/gives his tracks to Eddie and PVD?

Anyhow, I came across this and thought what an absolute belter. Anyone heard this and what are your thoughts (?):

Ditto!

I do vaguely recall it being released last year, but this version just seems and feels much more energetic and uplifting - great vocals too (apparently they were re-done especially for this!) :)

Yeah Greg did a bootleg remix a few year back which was played for a bit even Jules jumped on it, all went quiet, word was the now classic Mansun album Attack Of The Grey Lantern? (or something like that!)was to be reissued with this remix on it, cue proper remix with redone vocals commisioned released on Nebula.

It is a handy remix for me the Perfecto Mix was always too slow I mean 120 bpm, other than that and the Trouser Enthusiasts mix there wasn't any other mixes, Greggs was a classy speed up of The Perfecto mix with some added trimmings.

Its just one of a number of unofficial which then becomes official remixes done by Greg, e.g. Heaven Scent, and it looks like his Everything But The Girl remix will be coming out proper too.

Yeah I prefer this version over the Perfecto mix to be honest (that was my favourite, but very slow and awkward to fit into a Trance set).

Greg released it last year - but for some reason, instead of it being pacey like this version (which is around 140bpm), he's slowed it down to around 135bpm.

Not really sure why producers feel the need to release everything at 135bpm at the moment. Its getting on my tits.

Trouser enthusiast hermaphrodite remix for me. Always has been and always will be. First heard it on an album in 1999 called Tranceformer which might I add has some significant belters on. Unfortunately the last track was Mansun and wasn't played long enough but thanx to YouTube and then discogs I got the 12" I needed!! :)

I must say that I have not come across that Tranceformer album - cannot believe I missed it - and it looks awesome!

I'd love to check that out...

Haven't actually come across that Trouser Enthusiast Hermaphrodite Remix of this track. Just checked it out on YouTube now and it's not bad, Greg's tops it for me all in all, though :)