Some Fireball XL5 piccies

Chewbs

Created this album for something else but thought I'd like to try it here. They're copies of the inner covers from some old Fireball XL5 albums from the 1960's. Fireball preceded Thunderbirds and was always my favourite with it's incidental music and mysterious space adventures.

Anyhow, hope the link works.....

http://s1088.photobucket.com/albums/i329/spladap/Fireball%20xl5/

Acrylic on paper.

Cheers... Although I went to art college I did a crappy vocational course (and a lot of parties), it's only in the last 15 years that I've been dabbling, more so the last 5. I only really copy as oppose to using my imagination so in reality don't actually consider my self an artist....it's just something I love doing. Quadrant has said he paints too and am sure have read something like that about Jasonb somewhere. What are you painting? Have never dared to try oils. :D

Wakey and Simon Ross are also artistic.

I sadly wasn't allowed to do Art at school but I did do the GCSE exam anyway, as I was prolifically drawing music artists at home. I'd also done a fair few in a White on black stencil phase.

Then when I was about 20 some wanker stole ALL of my artwork, I know who and why but after that I didn't do anymore. Until about a year ago I drew a picture of John Simm. Then I got given some canvasses at Christmas and decided to paint a picture for my friend. I too copy. As I can't really listen to my headphones for mixing etc I needed something to do. So I'm painting. :)

still pissed about the stuff I lost though!! :(

AAWWW Cheese that's real bad to have your stuff nicked. I get very possesive of my work so can empathise at your loss. Nice that you're rekindling the craft, even though it was at the expense of something else. :)

Cheers Quadrant....:)

Well I'm probably a better artist than I am a mixer anyway.

One piece I was really sorry to lose was a large picture of a Porsche made from tiny coloured bits of paper from magazines, I hadn't even finished it, was well pleased with how it was going too. Ah well... c'est la vie..

Hey not only could we have a jj djing night we could have a mini art gallery in the chill out room. :)

Yours are good, you got anymore you can upload?

I'll try and upload mine when it's done.

Nice idea....hhhmmmm ....I may have one or two suitable but am nearing the end of a time consuming family portrait mission that's been developing over the past couple of years. When I started really getting back into painting, about 5 years ago, oppertunity arose to join an old foagies art class- the type where they sit around and natter and splash paint everywhere except on the paper- so the subjects have been a bit staid.....the usual flowers etc. But am looking to copy some horror comic covers that I've found alluring....

Yes dooo.:) ..love to see other folk's work 'cos I love the passion behind it.....and look for hints where I can improve (or nick...:lol: !)

• 1 month later...

aaahhh, neat! :D Love these, the step by step progression...oils? can see you're a 'proper'/creative artists as oppose to a copyist like me. To be hung on that wall? looks awesome with the orange background emphasising the light........:thumbsup:

And looking forward to seeing Cheeses portrait too!

I did copy it, from a photo of Chelsea Bridge in London. I am giving it to my friend when it's done, as her ex wants his pictures back. She's a real Eastender so I wanted a pic of a red phone box.

That's actually my bedroom wall, lol.

Thanx for uploading them for me Jason :) :) x

• 1 month later...

Well just finished this...tis my attempt at a cover of an 'Eerie' magazine #23, original artist Frank Frazetta. I got proportions wrong so am missing left hand side (couldn't be bov'd to draw it out again). Needs tweaking really as I couldn't quite make out some of the detail, but want to start something new....

eerie23-2.jpg

Thanks....I think it works out between 30 to 40 hours worth....I've been busy in the garden over summer and had to try to set time aside. I usually try to paint for anything between 5 to 8 hours in a sesh rather than half an hour here or there as I like to get 'involved'. Must confess to it appearing a better quality on photo than in 'real life' as I'm a bit sloppy, need to improve technique. Can't imagine how the original must look in oils, am still tinkering with acrylics... :)

(soz if this has come up as a double post but I was sure I entered it earlier.... :confused: )