New beatport site

jaylo

Not a fan.

Some features are very useful (bpm & key of the tracks) but generally it's just so cumbersome. The search option is indeed terrible as well! The old advanced search was magnificent and the new one is piss poor

Thankfully you can still access the flash version (original version) of the site and I have heard that they will keep this version open for the forseeable.

It's obviously so that beatport can run on iPads & alike which don't recognise flash applications

I never liked the flash-based one as it took a while to load, and it like walking through green treacle in wellington boots. Also I had payment issues there which is why I use DJDownload.com instead.

I actually like this new web-based look. It's clever that the player sits on top and plays through any page loads. And the search is good if you care to click through some filters after searching :)

It's what people are used to, I guess.

Why does anyone use Beatport anyways? They are a bloody joke, their site is crap, takes ages to do anything, even when I'm on 50mbit broadband, plus they are money grabbing bastards, adding Tax to their prices, putting prices up when they feel like it, etc.

I use DJDownload all the time, such a great site, friendly staff, decent prices, no tax, just a 10p fee for paying by credit card, also you get free download tokens as you purchase more tracks! I ordered 40 tracks last night and got 3 free download tokens :)

In summary, Beatport can 'do one'.

True, but I did notice that since Juno.co.uk "acquired" DJDownload some time ago that their prices have snuck up. Not that much, but enough to notice.

DJDownload add a 30p "transaction charge" for any orders under £3, but Beatport just add 20% tax which is a bit sneaky.

Why does anyone use Beatport anyways? They are a bloody joke, their site is crap, takes ages to do anything, even when I'm on 50mbit broadband, plus they are money grabbing bastards, adding Tax to their prices, putting prices up when they feel like it, etc.

I use DJDownload all the time, such a great site, friendly staff, decent prices, no tax, just a 10p fee for paying by credit card, also you get free download tokens as you purchase more tracks! I ordered 40 tracks last night and got 3 free download tokens :)

In summary, Beatport can 'do one'.

I use DJDownload whenever I can but beatport is so much better for exclusives (particulary in my field of music).

The site loads fine for me and I can navigate it without any trouble.

The tax issue is so over-hyped too - beatport prices are more expensive but not by as much as people seem to think. You pay £1.99 for a 320 exclusive everywhere now.

DJDownload's tokens are fantastic though & that is a real plus along with their player which is by far the best one out there - their search isn't the best though

Archived