Steve Angello......tut tut tut.

milkybarkid

Edit, he's responded. It's ok to play pre-mixed cds because he already knows how to mix, and doesn't need to prove it, not least to the thousands who coughed up God knows how much to see him. And he's saying it's to match the pyro? Doesn't seem too much pyro on the early part, that he's still clearly not mixing in.

I just reviewed the clip everyone is talking about . so let me explain, when i do some festivals i have a team there that does all my pyro, fx and co2´s , + most of them have a synced “fireworks show” that is synced to the music so nothing goes wrong for the fireworks show since timing everything is extremely hard for them , so i have a medley mix i close with so they can have everything synced , most big festivals have that and its nothing new , as soon as your closing under a big finale you have that going on.. does that explain it ? i know some of you will still hate cause of the fact that hating is your game but i have now explained it and take it or leave it . i don’t have to prove myself that i´m able to mix i´ve done that my whole life and spend more time mixing then with my daughter so thats it . hope some of you understand , if you don’t sorry about that .. S A

Regardless of his "explanation" he still stands there looking like he really could not care less the whole way through (save some of thise cringeworthy "heart" gestures).

I've said my peace on other forums and don't want to rant on here - it's far too nice a place :)

Regardless of his "explanation" he still stands there looking like he really could not care less the whole way through (save some of thise cringeworthy "heart" gestures).

I've said my peace on other forums and don't want to rant on here - it's far too nice a place :)

Even down to the lackey getting him a hair band and all. Uugh. Just total feigning of interest. And I'm pretty sure he moves the volume at one point on the mixer as if mixing it in himself at the appropriate time on the set. That's cheating the people who payed, regardless of whether he has reasons or not. Fecking set up ableton or something, don't take the piss. But na, we iz just all haterzzzzz innit.

Tom, I'll gladly do the ranting for you :)

Tom's right, he doesn't seem to care and he even looks drunk or stoned and is just standing there drinking, smoking and tweaking the EQ's and filters... most of the time he has his back to the crowd..

I don't care how much pyro they got... and how much money he get out of it. That right there... that's just lame.

</rant>

There's more. See? We are just 'haters'. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/c8vsf8

Can't believe you guys are still going for it . don't you have better things to do then make up bullshit to write about me faking a whole set when i just explained that it was the last 11 mins of my set so they could fire of the special fx and all the fireworks , stop with your bullshit and get on with your lives , if it would be up to you guys we would all be stuck in cells without electricity and banging on a floor without a big show so you would feel better for yourselves not being there , i would never fake a whole set in my entire life and those 10 mins are part of the show . if you don't wanna see fireworks and a massive finale stop buying tickets to events where that happens and stay home instead . i hate when people make up a big story and feed on it like sugar to ants . make something better of your time instead of wasting mine !! if you would put as much time on your own careers as you do talking shit maybe a thing like this wouldn't affect you , i know who my real fans are and you haters are not my real fans , cause if you would be you would get what i´m saying after seeing the shows we do , you probably haven't even been to any of my shows and won't ever come so drop it , get on with your lives ! - SA

And on the whole pyro timing thing, i just don't buy it. Surely someone should be competent enough, to be aware or even know in advance at what point the pyro needs to go off. It's not hard. If he has a team with him who do it, surely they've heard the tunes before, or at the very least could learn the one tune where 'big bang' button needs pressed.

And if he's saying it's due to time, then if the earlier part of his live set is in any way out time-wise (as I'd imagine nearly all are), the pre-made mix cd will be too, unless he bashes it on half-way through a tune, right on cue.

We've missed a trick here. But then again we ain't just into the music for the money. Lololol what a dick standing there smoking. How shit. I already knew Calvin Harris does this, but whenever I've mentioned it to youngsters they don't care, they just say it's ok as long as HE mixed it in the first place. £2000 for turning up and putting a CD on. Shameful!!! What's the point?

Take That had alot of Pyro, perfectly timed but they managed to sing and chat LIVE?!

Sad state of affairs this!

I have re-read this and I think Mr Angello is perfectly entitled to do this.

He has played a full set with proper mixing, and then as a finale with some fancy fireworks he has simply pre-recorded 10 minutes, What would be the point of pre-recording 10 minutes if you've just mixed your way properly through a whole set? Pyrotechnic timing.

So whilst I understand why he has done it, I still think it's a bit cheap. Bring back the intimate DJs in the low-key, low-ceilinged venues I say :)

I have re-read this and I think Mr Angello is perfectly entitled to do this.

He has played a full set with proper mixing, and then as a finale with some fancy fireworks he has simply pre-recorded 10 minutes, What would be the point of pre-recording 10 minutes if you've just mixed your way properly through a whole set? Pyrotechnic timing.

So whilst I understand why he has done it, I still think it's a bit cheap. Bring back the intimate DJs in the low-key, low-ceilinged venues I say :)

Thing that rankles with me more than anything is his complete lack of interest - he doesn't even face the crowd for half of that vid and that is supposedly his "big climax"!

Must say very shocked and feel very sorry for the crowd.

There seems to be a lot of attention around this on youtube and they've even removed some of the vids.

This video is close to being as good as the one Briggsy once posted of Tiesto's train wreck mixing :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZCg_j7sq_k

Edited by Aza

Also, got on a bit of side track with related vids...

Most impressed surprised at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrIHQVnC9VY&feature=related

See if you can then follow some more of the related vids from similar folk.

Found one comment that sums all of this up nicely; either the producers have it easy or this guy is awesome!