Cricket - England are No 1 in the world

Quadrant

I remember back in my young clubbing days in the 1990s, our England cricketers were the laughing stock of the nation. Now they have beaten India three times in a row to nick that top spot, and with a day to spare. This wasn't a beating, it was a total humilation and destruction of the former #1 Test side in the world:

Third Test, Edgbaston (day four):

India 224 & 244 v England 710-7 - England win by an innings and 242 runs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/14516554.stm

I really think the BBC should show live Twenty20 and Test cricket - we have a special team with a special aura and it should be appreciated :)

England really are something special at the moment - they have well & truly taken India to school throughout the whole test series so far. They now have a squad with the potential to dominate for the next few years. The number 1 ranking is well deserved! :)

Excellent performance from an excellent team - I was supposed to be going today but alas we got the job done a day and a half early!

While terrestrial coverage would be nice Sky's coverage of cricket is so far in advance that it would be a comedown watching the BBC cobble something together.

Archived