Economic woes

Quadrant

It's a difficult time for everybody in all industries. Personally two more of my workmates have been sacked... more senior than me but I think it's a bit harsh before Christmas. But I understand if there's no money in the pot. What I find amazing is that the whole world is discovering that debt is bad and years of borrowing is unsustainable. It's screwed us over for the next 10 years, in reality :(

How are other JJA members faring?

Well, it's tough for us, but what can you do.

I've cut back on tons, things that I never really splashed out on either. I have no car, so I struggle to walk to and from work, juggling the kids afterall school etc with hours I can work. However, knowing that it's also tough for so many other people right now makes me just get on with it, Christmas will be a meagre affair, but having lived through the 70's it's no hardship now, and in some ways it's quite nice to think my children (in particular the teenage one) are realising the value of money right now. I hope anyway.

On the downside my children ( in particular the teenager ) have not got the prospects I and we had hoped of. There's is no way she can afford University now, so all that importance I instilled in her regarding education and ambition have turned to shit. I do find that saddening. :(

I've also had to save up for about 9 mnths just to afford a haircut.

Another thread on this topic? Sorry if this is harsh but chin up and get on with it, if you have a job be thankful (I know I am), bugger the government and politics.

Have to say that I agree with Jason here - it is a very tough time financially for pretty much everyone but we have to tough it out.

I do fear that is likely to get worse before it gets better unfortunately too.

I keep abreast of as much financial type news as possible so I'm not burying my head in the sand - just trying to be positive and unfortunately there is a minimal amount of action we can actually take to impact upon the wider world

I'm struggling at the moment. I've been off work since July - and likely to be off work for around another 12 months because i'm waiting to have 2 operations.

The government's sick pay/ESA rate of £67.50 a week to live on is an absolute disgrace - but I can't do much about its, so there's not really much point in me moaning about it.

With regards to everything else going on out there at the moment - strikes, redundancies, etc - i'm afraid its one of those things about it at the moment, Labout left the country in a mess and its gonna take years to sort out - particularly as the current Lib-Con government don't really seem to have a grip on things either.

Archived