Dismal Radio 1 nye/ny

JasonB

Shows how insignificant new years celebrations are these days they be airing this 'Radio 1's New Year Party Mix!' from 1opm till1am and then follow it with 4 or 5 hours of 1 xtra djmixes, gone are the days of Jules live from leeds town hall!

Thought I'd just have a moan about it :lol:

I think they realise that most people are out now so it's not worth putting the money in.

Plus all respecting DJs will be playing out somewhere.

Don't think we will ever see a repeat of the massive millenium celebrations (which were staggering given what we get today)

I didn't go out this year, first time in years, wanted to go to Brixton for "Full on Ferry" but the first train back to Penzance on New Year's Day wasn't until 10.30.am which would have deprived me of sleep for over 30 hours ( l worked from 6am-1pm on NYE and would have had to get the 3pm train from Penzance to get to London in time for the event.

The fireworks @ midnight were fantastic, the music played during the display was pretty good too :thumbsup:

I've always wanted to go to London on NYE. The fireworks and atmosphere always looks fantastic on TV when they show the Thames by the London Eye.

There wouldn't be any public transport running to get back though, parking in London would be a nightmare (it is at the best of times anyway unless you want to pay rip-off NCP car park prices) and driving through London after that would be a mare too. Hotels would cost a small fortune on NYE night too - so all of that has put me off going.

Apart from that, i've never really been that big on NYE. Everywhere charges ridiculous prices to get into, drinks prices cost a fortune - with nothing really to showor gain from it. I'd rather just spend it with close friends or family. I'm a Christmas person really - I absolutely love Christmas - even more so time around because we didn't celebrate it in 2010 because my dad passed away a few months before Christmas, and his 70th birthday would have been a few days before Christmas so it didn't really feel right.

Yeah it was Chrissie, I have to agree with Briggsy too as every year my daughter asks if we can go there and my answer is always the same. "No because we'd never get back"

It's bad enough going to concerts in London, the amount of encores I've missed because I don't wanna miss my last train...

Archived