A 2002 Tune Query

milkybarkid

Ok, I'm sure some of you lot will know this one, been bugging for years. Seeing 'Syntone, Can't Believe It' mentioned in another thread, got the little mice on the wheel in my head going into over-drive.

I had an old Jules tape from Creamfields Ireland 2002, and Syntone was the last tune on it. It was pretty much a standard set for the time (Fuct Camera etc), all very banging and pretty damn good.

There was this one tune, with a very distinctive sample, that I've never been able to find out the name of. Samples that speech from (I think) The 51st State, about his 'product' being so much stronger than all these other drugs. I dunno why, but I always though it was 'Dave The Drummer'. A simplistic tune, nowt more than a driving beat, and that sample, and some sort of sirens.

A search through Jules' sets on here (featuring the same tunes/time-frame as featured on the tape), and subsequent you-tubing of all the tunes I don't recognise, don't throw it up either. Maybe Jules never played it on Radio1 (it's a pretty thinly disguised, aimed at drug-takers tune, really). I know it was played on Irish radio a few times round then, on their equivalent shows (which is where I think I got Dave The Drummer).

Any ideas? A lovely Kenwood Juicer*, will be winging it's way to anyone who can help. Thanks!

*May be a beermat.

Hey I remember that tune :)

While we're on the subject of drugs related unknowns, just a quickie, a tune Pete Wardman played out and on KISS 100 back in 1995. The beginning was a sample of a black American guy saying " I know kids 14-15 yrs old, driving round in Mercedez-Benz " and then something similar and then in echo it said " for alot of people drugs work " then the techy hard house-ish tune kicked in. Anyone recognise it? :)