Record grading on Ebay

I recently bought some vinyl off a guy off Ebay who described it as in v. good condition. When I got it, the sound condition was poor, there were numerous visible scratches and in the wrong sleeve :!:

I got a full refund, even P&P both ways, so I'm not complaining about him, but I wish they'd attach an official Record Grading System to the 'Condition' line for the seller to fill in, with guidelines. I look after my records very well and have never bought a record 2nd hand thats been up to the nick of my older ones.

Most of the records I buy from eBay end up being visibly scratched and in poor nick, but the quality is ok so I rip a digital copy as soon as I can...

I wish people would take more care of their vinyl :(

Simcut knows of a solution I think that eliminates dust and improves sound quality immensely, can't remember what it is but it's some American fluid... what's it's name?! aargh

Sometimes it's in great condition - i've received worse from HTFR at times, clearly been listened to a 1000 and 1 times by punters in the shop. Although, my copy of The Clergy - 'Saints and Sinners' has a knackered sleeve and a variety of exotic fingermarks and other unidentified marks, LOL.

That said, a brand new copy of DP - 'Judgement Day' from chemical sounds awful at the beginning.

damn right!

Its incredibly annoying when u get bad presses as well tho, my copy of kay d smith - praiseworthy tunes has a skip right at the beginning (there isn't a single mark or scratch on it tho!) makes mixing it very hard, and theres another skip half way thru......i suppose i should of sent it back but i couldn't b arsed!

Yeah I've had trouble like that before, I was well peeved with on record, Juno got it in I had a listen loved it got a copy, was crackly as hell in the quiet bits-and theres plenty wuiet bitd uring this track!, so I get sent another copy which sounds exactly the same! bummer! returend both copies and got a refund but majorly pissed me off.

Three months or so down the road 3 (s***)Beat get copies in for £2-3.00 dearer than juno had em! and no where else got copies!, so I basically passed altogether on that track then.

I bought a breaks track a few years ago and the record got stuck near the end of one side, I loved the other side so kept it instead of returning it.

I also recently bought summat off a guy on ebay and it turned up in worse condition than as stated, he didnt do refunds either even when I emailed him about it! was £4.00 or so down the bloodey drain.

I bought a breaks track a few years ago and the record got stuck near the end of one side

You'll probs find there was nothing wrong with the record - thats how breaks go :wink: :lol::lol:

nice stev. :lol:

Archived