Ticketmaster.co.uk - steer clear!

Neuro

I have another gripe with them at the moment. You remember I bought tickets from them as a last resort for myself and Steve for the Newcastle Godskitchen event at the Metro Radio Arena last November, and I mentioned that not only do they:

ticket you buy

Send them to the address of your credit card (no secondary address option)

Post the tickets so they only just arrive in time

Insist on posting them by Royal Mail's expensive "Special Delivery" service

but they also keep your email on their mailing list, which they promptly distribute to "related third party" companies that may be of "interest" to you (after having read the small print). Now, there's no option to opt out of this, even though I didn't opt in, and I've unsubscribed twice to no avail.

So, whatever you do if you're ordering tickets, please steer clear of Ticketmaster.co.uk!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :evil: :evil:

• 1 month later...

I had a similar experience with ticketmaster today, purcashing my Red Hot Chilli Peppers tickets online, the tickets cost £40, then they have the nerve to add on £4.50 each ticket for 'handling charge',

Now some items thats fair enough a service charge or whatever or as in some cases there is a flat charge per order but they do it per ticket, a disgrace. then they insist upon charging £4.50 postage for royal mail special delivery! who cares how specially my bits of paper are handled and delivered as long as they get here and they get me into the ground.

At least i managed to turn off the auto email option, no annoying emails from them telling me about crap artists live in Stockholm :roll:

Get this then! I had to fork out 6.75 'Convenience Charge' PER ticket, 4.95 Order Processing Fee AND 4.95 Delivery Charge. There was very limited other options to get tickets because of the 2 per postal/email address rule and I used a special password to access Slam's ticket allocation. Without that, I'd have been stuffed

Ticketmaster were the only online/phone agency I knew of that were selling them at the time. I later found another site (Way Ahead/See) after reading about it on the eFestivals forum. But I guess Ticketmaster had the biggest allocation and I did have that link to a seperate batch of tickets through them.

I got the 2nd set at 9.45 and apparently the full allocation had gone by 9.50 :shock: With no Glasto this year, the demand is well high

Archived