Wedding expenses

Neuro

One of my brothers is getting married next year and I've been helping him tot up the groom/bride list of responsibilities and who pays for what etc. Had no idea how bloody expensive it can be, absolutely ridiculous!

Very stressful sorting out all that; I'm glad I'm not gonna get married for a while yet! :D

I went through about a 5 year phase where most of my mates and my sister all got married. Every summer I was going to around 3 weddings and that cost a fortune alone - travel costs, present, lounge suit hire, present, hotel, etc. The whole thing is a minefield of costs, and now they're having kids, so its bloody christenings to attend!

I'm hoping to pop the question very soon, as my fiance and I have been going out for a few years now. Yes it is expensive, but price is nothing compared to spending the rest of your life with someone you really love being with!

I'll definitely go the traditional route. A wedding is a religious event first, not a social one (until after) - so Church all the way with all the trimmings. After all what's the point of getting married in your living room? Certainly tells your girlfriend something about yourself if you do. :roll:

Archived