Sander van Doorn

Dave Lea

Polysexual

Lisa Lashes

Rob Tissera

Amber D

Tidy Boys

K90 Live

Well i have to say this looks mint, if only for the best DJ ever Paul van DYk and the best new dj Sander van Doorn, Good to see Julesy and Above & Beyond there aswell

I may have to look into goin down to b'mouth for this should be a great night.

there is no convention centre in bournemouth in affraid chaps, the only thing i can think of is that its at the b.i.c or bournemouth international centre. capacity is about 3-5000. great lineup and a very big thing, ill keep an eye out. any info on this will be much appreciated, cheers.

Si

p.s with dave lea on the bill i think its prob in conjunction with slinky, ill ask dave about it on nye.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Did anyone actually get down to this, heard there were terrible problems with queueing and the power even cut during PvD's set

:shock: Queuing at large events is one of my biggest dreads. Why they can't sort this problem out beats me.

Hi lads. Been a while since i posted on here as I dont have t'internet in my flat (Nottinghamshire) so can only use it when at my dads house (Manc).

Keen to contribute on this topic especially as me and a friend went.

Firstly the queing was a f*****g joke! Got there fasionably late at 9:45ish and didnt get in to the event till 11:15 (mid way through Above & Beyond)!! They only had one door open letting one at a time through and supposedly were stopping entry at 11:30. No chance! There were still probably a thousand or so (if not more) waiting outside. They were searching a lot of people but not exactly thoroughly enough to make it worthwhile. You could of easily smuggled anything through. w***er doormen as usual.

Got inside to hear last half of 'Alone Tonight' being played by A&B! :x .

PVD played a good set but like you say, his laptop crashed or something during his set leaving a deadly silence :oops: .

PVD played 'For an Angel', which I was most pleased about being my favourite :) .

Sander van Doorn was good and played (amongst others) 'Message in a Bottle' & Oceanlight - 'Satelite'. Went down well.

Jules playing last at GK events seems to be a theme everytime I go and he usually doesnt dissapoint. As you all know, the guy's a legend and a favourite of us all. This time, however, he lost me a couple of times during the set with strange (almost boring) tracks.

I would say that he more than made up for this with the following tracks:

Started off with Original mix of Advanced...

E-love - Varantique

Marco V - Red, Blue, Purple (also played by PVD)

Ernesto & Bastian - Dark side of the Moon (dogzilla rmx) Still getting a huge reception.

Judge Jules - Keep me Running

The final track, which he played after a short vocal interlude announcing the last track was 'False Light'. Again, received a massive response.

All in all, well worth going to but let down by the ridiculous cue and the un-nerving number of chavs wearing trackie-bottoms :? .

Oh well, cant have it all........ :wink:

Really good to hear from someone who was actually there. Great report.

All in all, well worth going to but let down by the ridiculous cue and the un-nerving number of chavs wearing trackie-bottoms  :? .

Oh well, cant have it all........  :wink:

What's with the trackie -bottoms, is this the latest fashion :?: :?

We're a bit behind with the times down here. 8-)

My mate had his 21st birthday last weekend and the theme was anything beginning with 'C'. I went as a chav and got it all down to a T (apparently), white Reeeeeebok trainers, trackie B's (tucked into the socks), polo short (collar down, few buttons up), chain, diamond stud in the left ear, and a white Nike baseball cap. I tell you, walking on the way to the guy's house party I could have started on anyone in Durham and had their wallet in no time. :lol:

Great report Uber, been ages since you were on here, I distinctly remember you and Bjorn making everyone laugh loads on here back in day... get that broadband sorted! :wink:

It was a bit embarrasing being stood in a cue with a load of chavs. Never used to be like that at clubs/events :x .

There was one bloke in the cue who thought he was Jules's best mate or something. He was talking so much sh*t it was untrue. As a DJ and avid fan of Jules it was making me piss.

Then there was the group of scallies singing any cheesey track they could think of out of tone and right down my earhole :? .

The bunch of people inside were sound though and had a few of the usuall random chats with fellow boppers.

I guess this one had commercial appeal as it was headlined by Jules and PVD??

Never went to the polysexual arena, which I would usually do just out of interest. They can sometimes produce the goods. Alex Kidd at the NEC event back in 03 impressed me even if he was playing hard as nails :) .

Great report Uber, been ages since you were on here, I distinctly remember you and Bjorn making everyone laugh loads on here back in day... get that broadband sorted! :wink:

innit tim - get it sorted uber - u can get ntl 1meg for £9.99 a month, surely thats cheap for b'band??!

back in the day was well funny, having some great 'matches' betwen me and uber!

Great report mate 8-) Unfortunately without the chavs/neds, events on this scale would never happen. They just wouldn't get enough punters through the door :(

However, as I've said before, the queuing at thesde events really needs addressing. Its not acceptable for the price they charge, and then have to miss out on A&B.

:lol::lol::lol: at Tim at the party! Although I am wondering how he managed to get the attire so accurate :wink: :lol:

Archived