Driving in snow.... lol

Neuro

I was posting a CD early this morning and considering the blizzard outside thought I'd be best to drive to the post office. I've never seen so much snow here in 20 years but I thought it would be a challenge.

Car started first time round and I nearly got stuck reversing it in our driveway so I could get out - a rug under the front wheels soon sorted that - but the ice!! I braked at the end of our drive in good time but it just glided straight on across the road, which hasn't been gritted and is covered in snow.

On the way back I had to laugh at the dead straight tyre marks I'd made. You can't teach that :D

i was just driving home from sheffield on the massive long roundabout near my house - i thought i'd be cool and do a bit of handbraking, only to kick the rear end out and then it flung the other way and i did a 180 turn on the middle of this roundabout, ended up facing teh wrong way and i stalled it!!

fortunately there were no other cars around, lol! wouldn;t have tried it if there were cars around!

yeah I had fun on the ice last night dropping a friend off! Got to the end of her road and my car just glided across! lucking there were no parked cars around ! :shock:

We got a slight bit of snow last night, it's now absolutely pissing it down :evil:

It snowed quite heavily down here in Penzance on Tuesday evening. We weren't expecting it so the gritters hadn't been out and so the following morning (Weds) most of it had turned to ice. Fortunately at 5.45am there weren't any other cars on the move so l managed to get to work in one piece. There are some steep hills around here so you can imagine how scarey that is when there's ice on the road. I've had a few near misses as you instinctively put your foot on the brake when you know you shouldn't. :oops:

It's now very wet and windy.

Archived