software for recording

Wakey

Can anyone recommend some good software for recording mixes to my PC?

I normally record to wav and burn for best quality but don't have a decent program that records to mp3 at a high quality bit rate.

If anyone's got any suggestions could you let me know as wavs are a bit large to upload! :shock:

Even if the software can save your stuff as mp3s, definitely save them as wav files first, then convert them using another program as they're likely to do it better than any plug-in. I use winLAME, - reckon it's one of the best mp3 encoders out there.

As for actual recording software, good question - I hate Audacity; and Soundforge looks very complicated though it's probably the best out there. If you have Nero 6, look for Nero Wave Editor that can record onto PC too. Any other suggestions? :?

yeah thanks for your reply.

I think save as wav and then find a good program with a high bit rate to convert like you said.

I use nero wave editor to record the waves, but if you use it to save an mp3 I think the highest it goes is 56kbps or something similarly crap!

I shall have a hunt around. LAME might be another good idea, I have this on my computer and forgotten about it! lol 8-)

Archived