CD deck problem

Wakey

First off, i'd like to apologise for the size of the image.

I've got one of these CD decks - Gemini CDJ 20 -

CDJ20.jpg

It's basic and I've had it for a few years now running along side the decks.

I bought it second hand so it's had a good few years of use.

However the light that lights up the lcd screen has slowly faded over the years until today, there's not lightup.

I can still read the screen, time, track number etc.

I was wondering if there's anyway that I can get it fixed or do it myself? Does anyone know anything about hardware?

Cheers

i would say the led's need replacing, not an easy job i wouldn;t imagine as they will be soldered to a circuit board.....might be able to get it fixed by an electrical repair shop......

i'll ask my mate, he does electrical stufff at uni and get back to u!

Can't imagine it would be too difficult to do. It must be a similar system to the backlight on a mobile phone. Maybe if you've got an old mobile, rip it apart and see how difficult the job looks :?

Would Gemini not do the repair for you? I suppose postage might cost a bit tho

yeah, it's not a major problem really as I don't really use it in dark rooms just wondering if anyone knew anything about them. Thanks for the suggestions though, will have to take a look at it, or take it to a random electrical shop,

you know Potts bjorn? on Babington lane? they're quite nifty for things like that.

yeah potts man - they are the tits!

whenever i need owt electrical, u find it in maplins then compare to there - its always liek half price innit!

when i came to un i needed a network card - went to maplins - £18 for a card and cat5 network cable - went to potts - £5!

they;re awesome, always get my electrical stuff from there!

have u seen that car stereo shop further up? called bass junkies.....man ive dribbled in there b4!

Archived