No Essential Mix from Jules in 2005?

Neuro

Am I correct in saying that this is the first time in over a decade that Jules has not been asked to do a Radio 1 Essential Mix?

I have no entries to put in the archives. I guess that extended show of 10 years of Radio 1 in Ibiza could count as such but.... :?

:?:

Suprise that he wasn't given a full 2 hour mix, but it is good that R1 are giving other DJ's a chance. After all, Jules has had a 2 hour show of his own every week the year, expect for 2 in the summer (Glasto and Live 8). Can't remember any other weeks he's missed.

It's definitely a good thing other DJs are given the chance, but I always think it isn't advertised enough - you look in the newspaper for instance and it never tells you who is playing the essential mix that week.

For reference, here's all the E-mixes Jules has done. You can see where it kinda peaked - in 'that' era :)

http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/main/radio1/em/

Generally i think a lot of the E-mixes are terrible, too many middle of the road djs that bring nothin new along, the e-mix should be a platform for the public to get the best djs around regardless of genre or reputation.

Its all too often that awful djs like mylo or erol alkan get emixes just cos their pete tongs favourites.

Trance IS the biggest genre of dance music by a mile yet trance gets relatively few emixes, and when we get them there all with Tiesto, PvD is the worlds number one yet his last mix was over 2 yrs ago.

Radio 1 should champion new trance talent and also should try and get more live emixes in, imagine hearing someone like Simon Patterson on there or John O'Callaghan?

I'd personally say House ith biggets dance gener has bene for years and awlays wil be buts thats my 1 pence!, problem I find its many people don't seem to get essential mixes untill they end up releasing loads of tracks and remixes that every one caines the hell out of, for example Mylo, Steve Angello etc..., crap really.

Although, on the BBC radio 1 dance board the so called essential mix started a thread asking epople who theyd possibley like to se do essential mixes this year which is around 5 odd pages long now!, it's to be seen if any different to the usla pack will be considered for doing some if any.

Archived