DJ world record attempt

Quadrant

From the Daily Telegraph this morning:

"A man hoping to beat a world record by disc jockeying non-stop for 5 consecutive days had to abandon his attempt after only 10 hours. DJ Steven Smith of Wichenford, Worcs, had to have at last one person dancing throughout his set in order for the record attempt to be valid; however, no-one was left at the venue, near Tenbury, where he was spinning discs."

How embarrassing for him. :D

What is the world record? Surely it wouldn't be hard for a big DJ to beat if they wanted to. Mind you, when would you sleep?

Danny Tenaglia used to do 10 hour sets didn't he. Some DJs would cry now if they had to do more than 2 at a peak-hour slot.

A couple of days I think the current record is well over a day anyhows I think.

I think that the whole art of being a DJ is lost these days being able to do 6-10 hours is an art of peaks and troughs and styles, everyone when the start off buying records including me just bought stuff for liking it creating a collection of just full on bangers and anthem, in reent years ive bought slower mellow subdued, warmup stuff etc... aswell, Realisticly going out and banging it out for a firts set prime time in aclub inst going to happent o 99% of peopel and definately not me a hours warmup with the club emptys more realistic I think if for no one else hence having a varied record collection helps adapt I think.

I went off on one there please correct me if wrong, hope I have made some sense.

84 hours! I still don't get how these people sleep. Do you throw in an 11-minute remix somewhere and try and nap in the breakdown?

haha, brilliant quadrant, first laugh of the day!

World record is held by Trance DJ Genix. 84 hours he did. Bloddy good DJ n all. Had some quality productions released too.

Didn't he does this at The Emporium in Coalville :? :?

Most of these record attempts allow for breaks at fixed intervals for sleep

I think that the whole art of being a DJ is lost these days being able to do 6-10 hours is an art of peaks and troughs and styles

I agree.

in recent years ive bought slower mellow subdued, warmup stuff etc... I think if for no one else hence having a varied record collection helps adapt I think.

Can't argue with your record collection, sir. You do buy a heck of a lot of stuff!! It's more than "varied"! :o

Archived