Tips for 2006

Max Kane

I know its late to start all of this tips for the year threads but i've only just started my year due to copious amounts of english essays to do for uni.

Personally i'm really looking forward to PvD's artist album as Reflections was class, also really up for some new Jules production as his remix of Headstrong sounds class.

Also really looking forward to hearing more from Sander van Doorn and getting hold of some more Fred Baker stuff, they both had class years in 05.

DJ wise i think that Jon O'Bir will probs go global as he really does get better everytime i see him, hopefully Simon Patterson will have a good year (still can't believe he's ressie at Inside Out, Steve you lucky boy!)

Bands wise Nine Black Alps shoudl really go mainstream this year they're mint and also really looking forward to Razorlight's new album sometime later in the year.

Also (and i know its almost cliched now) the Arctic Monkeys are the future of british popular music, have heard loadsa demos and they all sound superb.

hopefully Simon Patterson will have a good year (still can't believe he's ressie at Inside Out, Steve you lucky boy!)

Cheers mate! Can't wait to see his resident debut in a few weeks. I'm sure he'll be dropping a few of his Dogzilla tunes 8-)

SvD does seem to be gaining in popularity a lot (maybe due to a certain tune :? ), he's playing IO in Feb too. Hopefully will catch him then.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Ferry Corsten's new album

Mr Tailey you have supreme musical taste and diversity 8-)

Agree with Jon O'Bir comments in particular, though I'm into my house at the moment I do need occasional trance fixes and he truly does get better every time I hear him.

I'll add Perry O'Neil to that tips list aswell, his DJing last year surely deserved a higher ranking than 170 odd in DJ mag, Production wise his stuff is mint (Myst, Numb, Wavefore bein fine examples) and his management of Electronic Elements is superb can't remember the last bad release on the label.

Also like to add two new local bands to the list..

firstly The Fuzz, a local band from Dudley area similar to the Libertines hopefully they'll get signed soon... visit www.thefuzzwantyou.tk for details

And secondly The Deciphers, again from round my way in Birmingham, really smooth rock but class tunes http://www.myspace.com/thedeciphers for more details

Archived