Mobile phone question

bigsteve

I'm sure the *#08# sequence on Nokia's used to be important for something... you can get your IMEI number using that with 06... :?

Could be also that 08 is the start of UK free numbers...? :?:

Don't have a Nokia now so not sure, Mr Steve.

Couldn't agree more. I've got a really old Nokia (sorry Tim you can't have mine) that does the job l want it to do which is phoning and texting. Only trouble is the battery runs down very quickly and l'm having trouble getting another battery.

Chrissie I think batteries are about £40 or something - a lot I know but nokia shops sell them, or try eBay (make sure it's new though). Make sure they're compatible with your model.... what is it?

I have used to have a Nokia 3210. Best phone I've ever owned, did the job and never let me down until someone nicked it. Chav.

That's what l've got a Nokia 3210 its as old as the hills but l like it as it is uncomplicated. I've already had a replacement battery from ebay which has lasted me approx 15 months and it only cost me £10.00 so can't really complain. A friend got it for me as l don't have an ebay account so hopefully he will beable to get another for me.

dropped my phone in a pint of orange last night  :shock:  :shock:  

shat myself, then dried it o nthe radiator and its fine  :)  phew!

I belive there is a story behind this dropping incident isnt there Bjorny? :wink:

dropped my phone in a pint of orange last night  :shock:  :shock:  

shat myself, then dried it o nthe radiator and its fine  :)  phew!

I belive there is a story behind this dropping incident isnt there Bjorny? :wink:

there might be.... :P 8-)

....involving a bit of ruff and tumble with the bitch, haha!

£40 for a battery - may aswell get another phone. You can get fairly decent ones for that price, which just do the texting and phoning...

Mines on its way out - got a 7250i - bout 3-4years old now. Battery usually flies down when I make a call. Cant be bothered with all these contracts and still comparing the best phone on the market. If I got no credit then tough :) Better than running up a high unnecessary bill...

If I got no credit then tough :) Better than running up a high unnecessary bill...

Definitely! Usually only top up £10 a month myself, and I use that all on calls...

With the o2 sim card I've got, I get 300 texts free every month, plus that o2 treat which I've chosen 15 free mins every month too. And I get 10% back on all my top-ups every 3 months. Sorted! 8-)

I hate texting and prefer to make a quick call instead. I have been with Orange for about 6 years and have had my Nokia 3210 for about 4 years. l just get sent a bill every month for all calls and texts l've made and don't pay a monthly contract fee. The good thing about having a detailed bill is that you have a record of all the calls you have made and how much each call has cost. As l also have a landline l don't tend to use my mobile that much and my mobile bill is rarely more than £7.00 a month.

The good news is that my friend Paul has found a battery for my phone and he isn't going to charge me for it either. :D

i disagree tim and aza, well actually if u aint bothered about a decent phone that u've got it sorted - what makes me laugh is ppl who go out and by the latest phoens on pay as u go for about £200, so stupid - u could get a 12month contract for that with the phoen free and u get a load of free txts and calls. Instead they pay £200 then they gotta pay for all their calls and messages, crazy! :roll:

LOL @ Ste above...

However,

what makes me laugh is ppl who go out and by the latest phoens on pay as u go for about £200, so stupid - u could get a 12month contract for that with the phoen free and u get a load of free txts and calls. Instead they pay £200 then they gotta pay for all their calls and messages, crazy!

This is totally the case, but you are then tied in for what has no extended from 12mnths to 18mnths! Least you can the phone off and then pay for what you use as and when you like. Contract phones tend to have a certain psychological factor, and you tend to use more than you really should. PAYG limits you. Plus I would never spend more than £150 MAX on a decent PAYG phone, its unlikely ill bust about £70, no point in having these funky gadget contract phones which you wont take advantage of unless you the coolest business man around ;)

Archived