heading to london - few questions

whos_this_guy

Alrigth ppl, me and the chick are heading to london ove the 13th 14th 15th of feb, valintines day if u didnt know. aint been since i was a kid so though i would make the most of it,

1st questin, clubs, were what and wat the best area!

2nd places to go see?

3rd a few do's and donts!

4th wats the main shopping streets!

cheers. of course ill geta few good pics up!

i know londonfairly well but im sure people like dormouse will know a lot better than i would. Oxford street is ok for shopping. Turnmills is good for the clubbing aspect although pretty much everywhere you go in london there will be someone telling you about a night thats going on so best to do some scouting when you get there. Places to go and see well theres loads, if your the indipendant sort then just walking round you will see loads, esp knightsbridge and kings cross and covent garden (which could also be good for shopping), the other option is take a tour on one of the tour buses which you can easily pick up in places like victoria.

Hope this helps a bit but youll prob get better advice from people like dormouse or robin.

Shopping wise there's Camden Market (not sure if it's always open) - good for cheap jackets and CDs etc - get off at Camden Town tube. And of course for main shopping just get off at Picadilly Circus, Oxford Circus and Bond Street... you can probably walk the lot but make sure you know where you're going!

I went to London at the start of the year and the prices have gone up and extra pound sterling. Screw the single ticket stuff (now £3 :o ), instead get yourself a one-day travelcard for £6, it can take you anywhere in zones 1 + 2 for the whole day. Useful if you get lost then you can ask for nearest tube and wander on and it doesn't matter where you are :wink:

clubs - Turnmills in Farringdon (Above & Beyond & Hybrid 13th feb) www.turnmills.co.uk

places to go see - Eat in Covent Garden & catch a musicle, check out that Millenium Wheel thing

do's and donts - watch out for pick pockets, avoide brixton & hackney

main shopping streets - oxford street, regent street

If you pass a Slug & Lettuce pub, go in there 'cos the food is great. I too went into London on the way to the airport this month and the tube fares have indeed gone up! Still the easiest way to travel unless you know your buses. Some of Brixton is ok but don't go exploring its entirety at night! :D

Turnmills is one of those clubs which I've never been to and really should at some point. It's meant to be great so if any of ya make an excursion there, let me know!

Don't reckon Turnmills will be open as it is early part of the week unless of course they are opening up especially for Valentines night which falls on a Tuesday this year. You must have a look around the Food Hall in Harrods, Knightsbridge. Also if the weather is good try and get a ride on the London Eye. Also a trip to China Town and Soho ect, So much to see and do so your sure to have a good time.

NB Forget what l said about Turnmills as l see they are open on the 13th.

Archived