Cirez D - Rematch

Aza

Thinking of whipping in this track for me mix, but having bit of trouble mixing it.

Towards the end it does not seem to follow a normal structure - it stops sort of out of phase if you get me and comes back in at an awkward time. Anyone know what I mean? How do you go about mixing such tune, not so bad in a set cos you could prob get away with it, but on a cd, it sounds like my mix is out of phase if you get me.

Eddie Halliwell gets away by looping it on one bit, but dont really wanna copy that, plus still having trouble creating perfect loops. When I try to mix a loop my beats always run away.... :(

• 3 weeks later...

I've never had a problem mixing it - ace tune! bit old now tho...

On the loops subject, I was haveing isues geting them spot on, now I've found that if I hit the button hard it seems to work, don't need to be gental the cdj's are bult like rocks. 8-)

I used this tune in my demo (download it here...http://djglennk.hostmymix.co.uk/aza/Restri...ixed_By_Aza.mp3)

I got round thtis by looping it myself on 8beats, but not where Halliwell does. Decided to loop it as the mix would have already lasted 40secs or so, but managed to get it going for over a minute and half.

Had some trouble getting loops spot on, not by pressing it too gentle, but just sheer timing. You gotta be immensely precise, I looped it and it was fractionally out, but quickly adjusted...

Archived