Digital DJ Licence

Aza

Surely its a rip off. If you legally download a copy and pay for it, why should you then have to pay again. This bit says it all:

'He said the £200 charge was "reasonable", adding: "You don't actually have to DJ using a laptop. You can use vinyl, you can use CD, so we're saying that if it's not worth your while spending £200 then don't do it." '

So you're paying extra for the priviledge of playing a tunes from your laptop :? Seems crazy to me :(

Is a total disgrace really, record companies tryin to make more cash that they haven't earnt.

There was an article in Mixmag last month about it, read somewhere that Adam F (DnB all round tart) wanted to change laws so that producers would receive royalties everytime their tune was played out in a club!

How greedy can ya get!

Adam F (DnB all round tart) wanted to change laws so that producers would receive royalties everytime their tune was played out in a club!

How would that be controlled? Every DJ giving a tracklisting of what they played?

Hmmm...actually, I'm liking this idea! 8-)

That ideas been going around for ages I read about it somewhere a few years ago, sounds daft but thats one way of collecting royalties!, it was a case of every clubs should be made to pay royalties or summat!

Would a whole list of Unknown-Unknown (Unknown) etc get you of the hook?!!

:lol:

This is so bulls***, u have to pay for your mp3's and im sure in the smallprint of audiojelly etc you are legally allowed to burn the mp3 so many tiems to cdr, such bulls***, how much money do u have to pay to be a dj??

dj's do producers a favour by promo'ing/promoting their tunes so that others will go out and buy them, this s*** f***s me right off

Archived