Trance Republic

I bought this on a whim from HMV after finishing my exams the other week - it was only £12.99 at the time too - and it's really grown on me. You get 3 Cd's for your money, mixed by Agnelli & Nelson, Darren Tate and John Askew. Some absolute gems on their too, far better than any other compilation ofthe same price out at the moment. Plus, it totally wipes the floor with anything Ministry brand will put out soon, with far more underground tuneage than they would dare to include.

Anybody else have/heard of this?

Standouts:

Kaste - 'Desert Eagle'

The Green Martian - 'Ladies and Gentlemen (GD Remix)'

Whiteroom - 'Someday'

Kobbe & Austin Leeds - 'Daze'

Sam Sharp - 'Error'

yeah i scouted that - looks good, i havn't bough any compilation cd's for a while now, they're just too expensive..........i tend to make my own mix cd's instead for listening to when cruising in the old car!

Me too. The last compilation I purchased was the Frantic Euphoria mixed by Anne Savage and Andy Whitby. I only bought it for the classic bounce CD, which is feckin ace if you like hard house from around 99-01.

I just listen to music ive pinched off the net and my own mix tapes. You cant beat a tape you've made yourself. So rewarding when it all goes to plan on a tape. Sods law dictates though that the last mix on a side will go out a little bit and f*** the tape up.

I hate that when you go to record, the tendency to muck up goes sky high, lol! I rarely buy compilations now because most of them don't tend to be all that great, such as Ministry's appalling efforts of late (well since 2002 really). And it really is better making a compilation of your own fave tunes from the box anyway ;)

Archived