Classic Tunes You Just Don't Like.

milkybarkid

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Oizo - Flatbeat

Jules mentioned back in 1999 he loved this track but I think it's a load of bollocks! And that stupid flat eric...

In the right context I still love that, just has something really cool, despite the huge overplay and the fact it hasnt aged all that well

That Mario Piu track is absolutely shocking and always was!

I did quite like "I Can Hear Voices" but really wished there was a dub mix of it at the time (I was a nipper though and we all liked some shite when we were young).

"Nappy Hardcore" was just terrible but I'm not sure it's a classic track!

I always prefered Mark & Lard's remix 'Get Get Up'. Made with a cheap casio keyboard of course!

Never got Eric Prydz 'Pjanoo', did my head in after a bit. Even though you could say it was maybe the last proper dance track to break into the mainstream. After that in 2009 it was all that Kid Cudi/Swedish House Mafia/Guetta stuff that was really busy and noisy.

A lot of deeper/tech house stuff seems to be breaking through now like Disclosure (their remix of Jessie Ware), and Shadow Child (Dave Spoon making deeper stuff). So I hope it pushes away all this really busy Guetta/Swedes sound, it's ran it's course.

I was speaking to a mate in Leeds who I DJed with about 4 years ago (when Pjanoo was out on Pryda and not yet signed to MOS).

We both played it that night at different times and it absolutely went off - one of the best reactions I think I ever got to a track when playing out, it helped that the room was rammed.

For that reason alone I still have a soft spot for it - even if it has been overplayed to absolute death now

I could tolerate Guetta - his sound remained "his" sound and wasn't copied by the masses. Even though his music was pop-dance chart music, some of it was quite listenable.

The SHM sound just really irritates me. Its cheesy pop music that has crept into the Trance scene - and now you've got the likes of Halliwell and Emery filling their sets with that, and the hundreds of SHM soundalikes by other artists, in their sets. Its awful.

I'd been slowly going off Trance for a few years anyway - but when the SHM "Trouse" rubbish started taking over, that was the final nail in the coffin for me.